Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the F-150 Powerboost before the Bronco and it was pretty sweet. More torque than the Raptor and only 5HP less. Still towed 8tons and when not towing it got 24mpg so with the 30gal fuel tank it had a range of 700 miles on one tank plus all the additional benefits of the hybrid like the on-board 7.2kw generator, 240v outlet in the bed.
That's what I was about to say. The Powerboost killed the V6 Powerstroke F150. Cheaper, better power and fuel economy. If it won't work on the F150 I don't see it coming to the Bronco. Even if you can get the Ranger with diesel in the rest of the world. Gladiator diesel seems to be a fail as well based on reliability issues. PHEV/Powerboost bronco seems the more likely option. I would probably have sprung for that if it were available at launch.
Sponsored

Flattie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GMC 1500 SLT 3.0L Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a ā€˜22 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 3.0 duramax. First diesel and so far Iā€™m very happy with it. Best Iā€™ve seen is 34 mpg highway keeping it under 65 mph. At 75 mph it drops to to around 29 mpg. Only question is longevity but it came with 10yr /100k powertrain so Iā€™m good for a while. With a 20 gallon tank range is ridiculous.

Rented a bmw suv on vacation with a small turbo diesel - limited exposure over a few days but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wish we had more diesel options here.

Wildruby

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The EPA is out of control; Congress never authorized the EPA to be so powerful, in fact, Congress is just being lazy when it comes to the EPA making laws and fines for EPA violations. Only Congress can levy taxes and fines. The EPA needs to be reined in.
I know this is an old thread, but manā€¦ you donā€™t know what epa is all about for so long. I come from the scrap melting (smelting) industry. And from 25+ years there are stories of the epa coming in and shutting business down with machine guns. From my side not right or wrong, but thinking of going into a regular work day seeing that. That would be intense.

so you could be right, but itā€™a been this way for a long time. Maybe just not known to consumers.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never going to happen, nor would I want a modern diesel. What a nightmare to keep running.

Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've owned many diesels, both consumer and commercial grade. I would never buy another one if I didn't have to.

We have a 93 and 87 npr, both almost bullet proof. Have some newer ones also, guess which diesels have constant emissions problems?
Sponsored