Sponsored

Different GOAT programming based on the model and package?

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Platinum and BMW X3M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone. I apologize upfront if this has been asked and answered (I could not find anything) and if this is posted in the wrong spot. However, I could use some insight.

Me and my buddy when off roading this weekend. I have a Badlands w/ Sasquatch and he has a Badlands w/out without Sasquatch. His does have an aftermarket 3-inch lift and new 35’s. The weird thing was that we experienced 2 completely different setups when using the Mud/Rut GOAT mode. My Bronco went it into 4H and locked the rear diff. His Bronco did the same; however, his added a feature. It detached the stabilizer bar. Mine did not. Also, his ABS went hyperactive the entire time on any downslope. Mine never made a peep.

My question is: are the GOAT modes programmed differently based on the model and package? Thanks everyone!!!

Here a few pics of the great day!

Edited: My friend is an experienced wheeler. Hi JK crawler is a manual.

Ford Bronco Different GOAT programming based on the model and package? 2F2B3D92-F2AA-4AB5-8107-35942EA17636

Ford Bronco Different GOAT programming based on the model and package? BA480D7E-D735-4395-97FC-F7C5EF56116B
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Were you both going roughly the same speed when shifting into Mud/Rut Mode? I believe there is a speed limiter for when it does/doesn’t disconnect swaybar.

Last edited:

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you both going roughly the same speed when shifting into Rock Crawl Mode? I believe there is a speed limiter for when it does/doesn’t disconnect swaybar.
he said mud and ruts mode, not crawl.

id have to go turn mine on see, ive never used mud/ruts, but i do know rock crawl, puts mine in 4L, sway off, rears locked.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. Edited my previous post. Mud/Rut mode does not automatically disconnect swaybar. I dont have that feature so indont know if you can manually disconnect it in that mode.
Ford Bronco Different GOAT programming based on the model and package? Screenshot_20230212_175054

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is: are the GOAT modes programmed differently based on the model and package? Thanks everyone!!!
There shouldn't be a difference. Swaybar disconnect is allowed in mud mode (allowed in any 4H/4L mode at low speed), it's just not the default. ABS could be a problem with erratic footwork or not using low gear on low traction downhill (not maintaining control).

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can disconnect the sway bar in normal if you want. I use normal, and put my 4 wheel drive stuff on manually vs using the G.O.A.T. modes.

OP
OP
BRDDOGN

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you both going roughly the same speed when shifting into Mud/Rut Mode? I believe there is a speed limiter for when it does/doesn’t disconnect swaybar.
Good morning and thank you for the response. We were both stopped when we placed the Broncos into Mud/Rut.
he said mud and ruts mode, not crawl.

id have to go turn mine on see, ive never used mud/ruts, but i do know rock crawl, puts mine in 4L, sway off, rears locked.
Good morning and thanks for the response. Agreed. We experienced the same when we used that GOAT mode.

OP
OP
BRDDOGN

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There shouldn't be a difference. Swaybar disconnect is allowed in mud mode (allowed in any 4H/4L mode at low speed), it's just not the default. ABS could be a problem with erratic footwork or not using low gear on low traction downhill (not maintaining control).
Good morning and thanks for the response. My friend is an experienced wheeler but I will pass that along. He is used to his JK crawler that is a manual.

OP
OP
BRDDOGN

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your second table is interesting. Ours did not lock the front in mud/ruts. And if I recall correctly, I could not lock the front in 4H regardless of mode. I’ll need to double check that.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your second table is interesting. Ours did not lock the front in mud/ruts. And if I recall correctly, I could not lock the front in 4H regardless of mode. I’ll need to double check that.
Correct, front locker available in 4L only...
Sponsored