Sponsored

Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed!

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet baby Jesus finally got everything installed and buttoned back up. So I was wanting a reverse light, kinda liked what was out there but saw a couple things I'd like different. First I kinda like the idea of a small light bar in back, looks more sleek in my opinion. Second was the way existing wire harnesses had to snake under and through the rear compartment through a grommet to connect the light to the reverse input, I understand the reason for it but just not for me. Thirdly I wanted more than the two options out there right now for turning them on. So before I dive in here's the end result!

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1379

First shout out to Kevin @Fast Intentions Inc. this is one bad ass bracket and friggin awesome customer service. Despite all my questions I never felt like I was bothering him and he was more than happy to help me with whatever I needed, would definitely recommend them 10 times over! No issues with their bracket at all!

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1354

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1358

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1360

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1361

So like I was saying I wanted just more than the two options currently out there to power the light. Of course there is the reverse light wire, I tapped into that puppy on the inside of the cabin, this enabled me to run power to the light without having to access it from the outside.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1382

That red Posi-Tap you see in the middle is tapped into the reverse light wire. This circuit is capable of handling up to 10amps, the light bar pulls 1.9amps and I highly doubt the stock reverse LED bulbs pull 8amps so no worries there. Those that saw my other thread on my cargo lighting know I installed a switch panel in the rear cargo area, with one switch going to the cargo light, a second switch going to the rear glass, and an empty third switch, well I wired the third switch to the light bar so that allows me to turn it on from the back of the Bronco and not have to walk to the front to turn it on.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! Switch Panel

And then of course I have the Auxillary 6 switch wired to the led light bar as well. So I can turn it on from the Aux switch, the switch in the back and then of course putting it into reverse. BUT, the issue I had with that was the possibility of blinding people as I was backing up in parking lots and other places. To address this, I installed a switch in series with the power coming off the reverse light.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1381

This allows me to flip the switch to turn off the light when in reverse if there is someone behind me that I don't want to blind. I wanted it out of sight where you really see it, but still close enough so I can reach it really easy to turn it off/on. I think the spot is perfect, I can reach it without even having to search for it, and flip it at my heart's content. May be overkill but I like the option of being able to control it in public.

Here's a closer shot of where I tapped into the reverse wire:

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1305

And before someone tries to point it out, I did place diodes in each one of my supply circuits to prevent any back voltage from feeding the other circuits...see I'm kinda smart.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1304

Ran 16gauge wire from my source wires along the existing wiring and out the back, ready for the light bar.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1338

Haven't tried them at night yet, just finished literally less than an hour ago. Overall I'm super happy with the results, is it more than some people wanna do, probably...but it was worth it to me. Here are some additional pictures:

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1374

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1373

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1383

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1384

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1372

Although the light bar is a little deeper than I'd like, it sticks out past the rear tire LESS than 1.5". The angle here isn't straight on and it checks 1.5" but its actually less than that.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics 6” LED light bar and Fast Intentions UNI mount installed! IMG-1376
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up and the end result looks great! Glad we could help you in making the project all come together. Enjoy!