First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finished the install and aiming of the @Diode Dynamics front lighting last night. I purchased the lights, brackets, and wiring harness from @4x4TruckLEDs.com. I was looking for mostly SAE legal lighting, Diode Dynamics excels in this area.

Bumper kit #1 SS3 Pro SAE fog with amber lenses (no backlight). We have the same lights on our Tacoma, they are awesome in fog and have a tight beam can run them on the road.
Bumper kit #2 SS2 Pro flood with clear lenses and amber backlight. These are a little underwhelming until you realize they are lighting up everything in a 60 degree sweep and vertical, perfect for nighttime trail running or dark driveways.
Bumper kit #3 SS2 Pro SAE driving with clear lenses and amber backlight. These are a very nice supplement to the high beams, slightly wider and taller than the stock high beams, and brighter too. The 6000K color is a great match to the factory headlights.
Pillar lights SS3 Sport SAE driving with amber lenses (no backlight). These pair very well with the amber fogs. The additional height of the pillar location makes them very useful, and the amber doesn’t glare much off the hood compared to white. The Sport version is plenty bright for this application with the confined driving beam. I think I do want to add a bracket kit to push these out to clear the radio antenna.

I used the crystalux harness for the bumper kit and made my own harness for the pillar lights. I ran the harness across the radiator support with the factory harness rather than running the wiring somewhere in the bumper or skid plate. Hookup to the upfitter wiring was easy.

Upfitter #1 unused
Upfitter #2 amber fogs, left on all the time
Upfitter #3 white driving
Upfitter #4 white flood
Upfitter #5 amber driving (pillars)
Upfitter #6 amber backlighting for SS2’s, left on all the time

I was thinking yesterday evening while selecting the bumper kit #3 driving lights on and off for traffic, I either need to trigger these with a high beam trigger somehow, or figure out another solution. With the possibility of body control module issues caused by pulling a relay trigger from the high beam wiring, I’m going to order a floor mounted dimmer switch and use it to trigger a relay to interrupt the power for each pair of driving lights. If I don’t like the floor dimmer I’ll put a small switch near the window controls I can activate without moving my arm off the center console.

472493EE-D2CB-46A9-AA56-E13F67009F2A.jpeg
BC28385F-37C3-42FC-B369-86A7F4FBE699.jpeg
5C09728E-107F-47FC-B544-BE890EF6A851.jpeg
AE8BF601-83A8-409A-92B1-E01550AAAC9D.jpeg
18B05CC3-58BC-422E-903E-6F45EFBAD390.jpeg
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads