Sponsored

INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too)

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now I’m thinking about using this spot if I cut and splice. I’ve already broken the zip tie that used to be part of that plug. Just got to get the right goo to seal it up. And I think it’s accessible without taking the taillight off.
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 9E317474-D7A6-49C8-9A78-AAA0EC2B715C
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I’m thinking about using this spot if I cut and splice. I’ve already broken the zip tie that used to be part of that plug. Just got to get the right goo to seal it up. And I think it’s accessible without taking the taillight off.
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 9E317474-D7A6-49C8-9A78-AAA0EC2B715C
There’s nothing preventing you from alternative plans. From their standpoint they wanted to avoid drilling or hooping on silicone to seal a hole.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking about getting these, and from watching the video I couldn't understand why all the wiring couldn't run alongside the current wiring in the tailgate, and why the need to go under the truck and up through the storage area...
It's to have the reverse light function. Mine are wired to the aux switch and all the wiring is inside the vehicle behind the interior panel and through the tailgate. I went with amber spots for true chase lights and have other lights for reverse lights.

My reverse lights wiring that are tied in to the tail light harness stays completely within the bumper.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s nothing preventing you from alternative plans. From their standpoint they wanted to avoid drilling or hooping on silicone to seal a hole.
I ended up going through the smaller hole and cutting and splicing the wires. I’ll get some stuff to seal it up tomorrow.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the process of uninstalling the lights if you want to change your tire?

I'm thinking of getting two sets of tires. One for daily commute and one set for offroading. How long does it take to uninstall and reinstall the spare tire?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the process of uninstalling the lights if you want to change your tire?

I'm thinking of getting two sets of tires. One for daily commute and one set for offroading. How long does it take to uninstall and reinstall the spare tire?
It’s just two more bolts than normal & a quick unplug of each light. Probably adds another 3 min to removing the spare. The two additional bolts are the same size as the lug nuts, so no additional tools from normal are needed.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done. You had all the same problems I had, lol. More struggles ahead when you go to connect the AUX wire, but I feel like that's such a good feature to use if you plan to use them as chase lights. BUT......if you ever just want to turn on the white lights without being in reverse, then your rear zone lights will turn them on too (pretty neat). However, you can't turn zone lighting on unless you're in Park, which is normally fine, but again not necessary to have them on while driving unless you plan to use them for chase lights as I've already mentioned.
I finally got around to wiring up the Aux Switch (#6 in case you were wondering).

Im not showing the rear wiring. It went pretty easy. Just pull the side panel back at the top until you can drop the aux pigtail back behind it. As has been mentioned many times actually connecting to the aux wire is a pain. I normally don’t like crimp but connectors but unless I removed the entire side panel I didn’t have much choice. And yes you cringe every time you pop a panel off.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 4E0908BD-D5DB-4677-8C01-391427A860A2

Now to the front and the glovebox. Take the entire glovebox off. Once you release the stay on the right side the glovebox drops all the way down and comes off super easy.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 210A600D-DE6C-48F8-BA8B-91EF6517A8A6

Do you see the white/orange wire coming from the back? Neither could I. I ended up taking off the speaker panel (which you shouldn’t have to do) and kept looking around. The other problem is that the early wiring notes have it as white/grey. I finally found it tucked way high on the far right. The trick is the wires are taped to the main harness. I do the tape to give you more play.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 432E2163-DC70-41AE-A524-7F240696422A

The other wires were easier to find. Remember there are four wire ends down here. White/orange from the back. Grey/orange runs down from the visor. Then you have two jumper wires that run from the glovebox to the engine compartment. It doesn’t matter which of these jumpers you use, just don’t forget when you get under the hood. I chose the white one. The other is brown/white.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) AA47F10E-6AAF-4904-9A49-2D1B25ED57CE

So just white to white/orange. And then put back all the panels you removed to find the dang wires.

Back under the hood it was a simple white to which ever switch wire you want to use. Since the lights are at the back of the rig I went with switch 6. For me it was yellow/orange.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 70AE6E89-4525-4CEA-9C25-E6B6F9C96AA4

That was it. Now I can flip on the white lights at any time.

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally got around to wiring up the Aux Switch (#6 in case you were wondering).

Im not showing the rear wiring. It went pretty easy. Just pull the side panel back at the top until you can drop the aux pigtail back behind it. As has been mentioned many times actually connecting to the aux wire is a pain. I normally don’t like crimp but connectors but unless I removed the entire side panel I didn’t have much choice. And yes you cringe every time you pop a panel off.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 70AE6E89-4525-4CEA-9C25-E6B6F9C96AA4

Now to the front and the glovebox. Take the entire glovebox off. Once you release the stay on the right side the glovebox drops all the way down and comes off super easy.

Do you see the white/orange wire coming from the back? Neither could I. I ended up taking off the speaker panel (which you shouldn’t have to do) and kept looking around. The other problem is that the early wiring notes have it as white/grey. I finally found it tucked way high on the far right. The trick is the wires are taped to the main harness. I do the tape to give you more play.

The other wires were easier to find. Remember there are four wire ends down here. White/orange from the back. Grey/orange runs down from the visor. Then you have two jumper wires that run from the glovebox to the engine compartment. It doesn’t matter which of these jumpers you use, just don’t forget when you get under the hood. I chose the white one. The other is brown/white.

So just white to white/orange. And then put back all the panels you removed to find the dang wires.

Back under the hood it was a simple white to which ever switch wire you want to use. Since the lights are at the back of the rig I went with switch 6. For me it was yellow/orange.

That was it. Now I can flip on the white lights at any time.
Excellent job! It’s all worth it in the end.

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ended up tapping the reverse light wire on the inside of the cargo area and was able to bypass all the external wire routing. From here I just ran it right alongside the existing wire loom and through the tailgate.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) AC8366DA-E276-49C4-A2CA-ED88FB627B81

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 328D413D-5153-4EF4-9A3F-78B305180143

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up tapping the reverse light wire on the inside of the cargo area and was able to bypass all the external wire routing. From here I just ran it right alongside the existing wire loom and through the tailgate.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 328D413D-5153-4EF4-9A3F-78B305180143

Nice idea!

Sponsored
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Did you just cut off their harness that goes inline with the factory plugs?

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you just cut off their harness that goes inline with the factory plugs?
They don’t have a harness for a 6 inch light bar from DD so I ran my own wiring to the light. The light bar came with a pigtail so I connected my wiring to that.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 9CF9D149-6C36-4F91-8B99-50880CEDEF70

Axle Roads

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2 Door, 2017 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t want to run the wires outside the vehicle either, so I looked around and found that if I lift up the rubber going between the tail light area and the cab I could push the small end of the harness through and avoid the external routing.
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 3C3D9653-4749-43C6-A348-C421FB40F88D

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t want to run the wires outside the vehicle either, so I looked around and found that if I lift up the rubber going between the tail light area and the cab I could push the small end of the harness through and avoid the external routing.
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) 3C3D9653-4749-43C6-A348-C421FB40F88D
Yup looks a lot cleaner!

Axle Roads

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2 Door, 2017 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nice looking wiring job, looks like you’ve done that a few times.
Sponsored