Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As if my Bronco didn't already have enough lights, @Diode Dynamics went and released their Stage Series Reverse Light kit. As soon as I saw it I tagged them in their post and said, "great, another thing for me to blow money on! LOL".

And from out of nowhere they asked if I'd like to get a sample for my Bronco (yep..this is me being up front with ya'll) and shoot some photos of it and talk about it.
How could I say no?!?!

So here are my thoughts...Honest thoughts.

I'd say to start off by watching John over at @Diode Dynamics do the install on Youtube. This made an easy install even easier. Damn, I love how simple the pre-run wires and upfitter switches make things!!:

So the light kit?

Everything you need to wire it up to act as rear running lights and reverse lights, OR, integrate it into an upfitter switch to control the white light when you want.

The kit has everything in separate bags (like their other kits) so it's easy to stay organized.
All the wiring is plenty long enough to keep you from having to worry about coming up short and in braided loom, for durability I love that the way you run this brings it up into the cab from underneath through a grommeted hole, and they have a replacement grommer already on their wires for this. See:

)

Deutz connectors so every connection is sealed and secure. Hell, they even included butt connectors for the upfitter wiring.

The adapter plate is SOLID and has a good powdercoat finish with a laser cut DD logo in it (slick guys) and mounts up using some included extended lug nuts. These come in two lengths to cover standard and aggressive wheel offsets.

The brackets that the light pods mount to are the same powdercoating and are an easy install as well.

I guess that's the theme here....Easy.

I have the SSC2 pods and man are these BRIGHT!! I just have some daytime shots for this post, but will edit this post to add some night shots so you can see how much light they throw.
Like ALL their other pods these are designed to deliver as much light as possible thanks to their optics.

My day job is the head of marketing for an LED lighting manufacturer so I know a LOT about optics and LED lighting. And from what I've seen in the lighting industry for off-roading, no one is doing optics as well as Diode Dynamics.

Now the bad...I promised an honest review right?

The bolts that mount the bracket to the spare tire are bright shiny silver. I just think they would look so much better in black.

So much so that I am going to get the heads of mine either powder or cerakoted.
But that's just me.

Anyways, here are a few photos of those lights, and one from the other end ;)

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Lights installed -- my review JBronDDLghts2_FB

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Lights installed -- my review JBronDDLghts1_FB

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Stage Series Reverse Lights installed -- my review JBronDDLghts11_FB
Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

Sethtsmith

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX2 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do they work with braking as well?
I have this set as well. Out of the box they do Not work with the brakes. They are a very nice setup and are a easy install. I have mine set to come on when going in reverse and hooked to a upfitter switch.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked this question somewhere else but:

How easy is this to remove for tire changes? Thinking about not only regular maintanence but also off-road flats etc.

Sethtsmith

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX2 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How easy is this to remove for tire changes? Thinking about not only regular maintanence but also off-road flats etc.
Two longer lug nuts replace the standard ones, so that's the same, once removed, the bracket comes off. Just disconnect the plugs to the lights and you are good. So, basically one additional step.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they work with braking as well?
Sorry, it took so long to respond but it looks like someone jumped in for me.
But yeah, they don't act as another set of brake lights.

How easy is this to remove for tire changes? Thinking about not only regular maintenance but also off-road flats etc.
As for removing it, it's easy enough so long as you keep a 19mm socket handy to remove the adpater plate bolts and extended lug nuts. Simply unplug the Deutz connectors from each light then remove the two mounting plate bolts and remove the lugs.

I just added a 19mm socket to my Bronco tool kit for this.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do these blind other drivers?
The height on the spare tire looks like it would be in the eyes of cars waiting for your spot.

I guess they could be aimed down, to light the ground more which is what most backup lights function is. But they look like they would still need a louver or somethign....

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome write-up @MacDonald_Photo!

Thank you for the feedback regarding our Bronco Stage Series Reverse Light Kit.

For anyone wondering, the red backlight acts as an additional running light with your tail lights.

If you're looking for a red running light, high power red 4th brake light, and white reverse light you can check out our C1R HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit!

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since routing of the wiring is less than ideal and interferes with possible storage in that cubby and won’t allow its lid to lay flat… I cut the wires, went through a small zip tie / grommet hole (I’d broken the zip tie part anyway), then spliced them back together. 👍🏼

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs