Sponsored

INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too)

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The SSC1R has another red diode to be used as a brake light. https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-c1r-white-flood-standard-led-pod-pair.html I plan to grab them for my kit soon!
Yes. The C1R kits are bright white, Red back light and brighter red brake light. We have several reverse light kits for Ram trucks using C1R and SSC1 depending on peoples desires. We will have plenty more Bronco products coming soon. Diode Dynamics (and Form Lighting through Diode Dynamics) is the only lights we sell. It is due to the people, the quality and the price. They hands down are in a league of their own when it comes to the overall package.

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. The C1R kits are bright white, Red back light and brighter red brake light. We have several reverse light kits for Ram trucks using C1R and SSC1 depending on peoples desires. We will have plenty more Bronco products coming soon. Diode Dynamics (and Form Lighting through Diode Dynamics) is the only lights we sell. It is due to the people, the quality and the price. They hands down are in a league of their own when it comes to the overall package.
Absolutely agree. I've been able to work with a few from their team and they've been amazing and helpful. I'm hoping to get the Bronco in their booth at overland expo in Aug out in Loveland Colorado! Great people.

jmb49735

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Chris, it's John @SPVPARTS You can reach me at 317/796/8472. Call or text. I can step you through. I can also get you hooked up with what you need.

Our harnesses are actually built a lot different and use higher end materials that are considered industrial grade. Differences are things like heat and flame retardant up to 200 deg C vs 100 deg C. Teflon flame retardant insulation. Plug N Play interconnecting and universal for any vehicle, light brand or situation. That's why we patented them.

John
Thanks to John @SPVPARTS for his help taking care of all my front/rear lighting needs, initially spending well over an hour discussing my setup. He went over and beyond, even texting back/forth with updates and answering questions before and AFTER purchase. Rear light setup with DD SS3 Sport floods:
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) IMG_6409
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) IMG_6410

He’s also working to make a T-harness to plug into the C424 connector and for a switch lead per the work by @Dadsquatch and @FordOwner per this thread. They're only working in reverse currently while he works on it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oceanfabreze

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally got around to wiring up the Aux Switch (#6 in case you were wondering).

Im not showing the rear wiring. It went pretty easy. Just pull the side panel back at the top until you can drop the aux pigtail back behind it. As has been mentioned many times actually connecting to the aux wire is a pain. I normally don’t like crimp but connectors but unless I removed the entire side panel I didn’t have much choice. And yes you cringe every time you pop a panel off.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) IMG_6410

Now to the front and the glovebox. Take the entire glovebox off. Once you release the stay on the right side the glovebox drops all the way down and comes off super easy.

Do you see the white/orange wire coming from the back? Neither could I. I ended up taking off the speaker panel (which you shouldn’t have to do) and kept looking around. The other problem is that the early wiring notes have it as white/grey. I finally found it tucked way high on the far right. The trick is the wires are taped to the main harness. I do the tape to give you more play.

The other wires were easier to find. Remember there are four wire ends down here. White/orange from the back. Grey/orange runs down from the visor. Then you have two jumper wires that run from the glovebox to the engine compartment. It doesn’t matter which of these jumpers you use, just don’t forget when you get under the hood. I chose the white one. The other is brown/white.

So just white to white/orange. And then put back all the panels you removed to find the dang wires.

Back under the hood it was a simple white to which ever switch wire you want to use. Since the lights are at the back of the rig I went with switch 6. For me it was yellow/orange.

That was it. Now I can flip on the white lights at any time.
What did you ground it to?

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got around to wiring up the Aux Switch (#6 in case you were wondering).

Im not showing the rear wiring. It went pretty easy. Just pull the side panel back at the top until you can drop the aux pigtail back behind it. As has been mentioned many times actually connecting to the aux wire is a pain. I normally don’t like crimp but connectors but unless I removed the entire side panel I didn’t have much choice. And yes you cringe every time you pop a panel off.

Now to the front and the glovebox. Take the entire glovebox off. Once you release the stay on the right side the glovebox drops all the way down and comes off super easy.

Do you see the white/orange wire coming from the back? Neither could I. I ended up taking off the speaker panel (which you shouldn’t have to do) and kept looking around. The other problem is that the early wiring notes have it as white/grey. I finally found it tucked way high on the far right. The trick is the wires are taped to the main harness. I do the tape to give you more play.

The other wires were easier to find. Remember there are four wire ends down here. White/orange from the back. Grey/orange runs down from the visor. Then you have two jumper wires that run from the glovebox to the engine compartment. It doesn’t matter which of these jumpers you use, just don’t forget when you get under the hood. I chose the white one. The other is brown/white.

So just white to white/orange. And then put back all the panels you removed to find the dang wires.

Back under the hood it was a simple white to which ever switch wire you want to use. Since the lights are at the back of the rig I went with switch 6. For me it was yellow/orange.

That was it. Now I can flip on the white lights at any time.
Nice set up. Looking to do something similar, but rather place the lights behind the spare tire. Do you think that the spare mounted bracket can be placed behind the spare with the ledge that supports the lights facing forward? I am thinking about fabricating a mount using L brackets from the store and rigging the lights like that unless this bracket can work like that.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice set up. Looking to do something similar, but rather place the lights behind the spare tire. Do you think that the spare mounted bracket can be placed behind the spare with the ledge that supports the lights facing forward? I am thinking about fabricating a mount using L brackets from the store and rigging the lights like that unless this bracket can work like that.
Why behind, the wheel will block most of the light?

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. It will not fit. If you want the lights behind the spare, you’ll need to use the Diode Dynamics SS1 size lights without the bracket. You’ll have to attach them directly to the plastic spare tire carrier (like others have done) and make sure they will shine right through an opening in your wheel.

Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. It will not fit. If you want the lights behind the spare, you’ll need to use the Diode Dynamics SS1 size lights without the bracket. You’ll have to attach them directly to the plastic spare tire carrier (like others have done) and make sure they will shine right through an opening in your wheel.
Thanks!

Spicygb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clean install! I wish @Diode Dynamics would come up with a larger 4-6” light bar similar in function to the C1R. It would be a great replacement to the over-spare brake light. Plus it would be a little more OEM+ looking

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clean install! I wish @Diode Dynamics would come up with a larger 4-6” light bar similar in function to the C1R. It would be a great replacement to the over-spare brake light. Plus it would be a little more OEM+ looking
There are no plans, but I've passed this suggestion/request along to our engineering team. Thanks!

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I used the DD SC2 Pro Floods, and the Turn Offroad Tail Light Condoms, for a similar result.
Ford Bronco INSTALLED Diode Dynamics Reverse Light Kit (Chase Lights Too) back_up_on
BREAKING NEWS: A beverage (your choice) will fit on the unused portion of the Turn Offroad Tail Light Condoms. Do NOT use while in motion.
Sponsored