Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Incredible job, @Bigmoose!
For anyone interested in a similar setup, we just released our Reverse Light Wiring Kit (w/ running light). This is a fantastic option for mounting SSC1 or SSC2 LED pods with an included backlight feature!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
@Diode Dynamics For the reverse lights, do you have bumper brackets to attach the pods for the SSC1 and SSC2?

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Diode Dynamics For the reverse lights, do you have bumper brackets to attach the pods for the SSC1 and SSC2?
Unfortunately, we do not have vehicle-specific brackets. However, we do offer flush mount SSC2s and SSC1s that are perfect for this application.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Beautiful install! What about placing and pulling the hitch pin? It looks like it would hard to get one in and out of there. Or are they set back far enough?

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful install! What about placing and pulling the hitch pin? It looks like it would hard to get one in and out of there. Or are they set back far enough?
Lights are set forward enough so it's not an issue.

Reactions: Dom

jc356982

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could remove the included switch and easily connect the leads to your factory auxiliary switches.

These videos might be helpful for reference.

John C.
Diode Dynamics
I purchased the Reverse Light Wiring Kit (w/ running light) based on these two posts.

I contacted Diode service to receive further instruction on how the Kit would work with the factory auxiliary switches. The Diode representative, named Steve, told me that I could not remove the Diode provided switch and run the leads to the auxiliary switch wires. He stated that “ as there are other diodes and a relay in the harness that would not allow for this type of functionality”.

Can you provide further clarification as to whether this kit will work with factory aux switched for the ss2’s with backlight functionality ?

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchased the Reverse Light Wiring Kit (w/ running light) based on these two posts.

I contacted Diode service to receive further instruction on how the Kit would work with the factory auxiliary switches. The Diode representative, named Steve, told me that I could not remove the Diode provided switch and run the leads to the auxiliary switch wires. He stated that “ as there are other diodes and a relay in the harness that would not allow for this type of functionality”.

Can you provide further clarification as to whether this kit will work with factory aux switched for the ss2’s with backlight functionality ?
I've contacted Steve on our customer service team and been informed that our reverse light wiring kit isn't compatible with the Ford Bronco Auxillary Bank. This is new information that I've just been informed regarding the Bronco.

If you plan to proceed forward with this installation, you can flip the switch to setting 1 for the vehicle's factory controls and zip tie the switch up and out of the way. This will allow for the red backlight to illuminate with your tail lamps and when in reverse the white main beam will take over.

If you want to have manual control of the reverse light beam from inside the vehicle and not rely on your factory signals, you'll need to route the switch through the firewall to the location of your choice.

This information can be found at the 5:15 time stamp in this YouTube video.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/reverse-light-wiring-kit-w-running-light.html

The installation is able to proceed forward using the included switch. However, if you planned to have manual control with your auxilary bank it's not an option according to further research.

I apologize for any inconvience this might created. Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to provide more information, assistance, or process a return at no expense to you.

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a fairly old thread, but I came across it when looking for a solution for brighter reverse lighting and general work lights on the back end. This was the best looking solution in my opinion, so I copied your setup. I also have the curt hitch and no trailer wiring installed. I honestly have not yet used the hitch and don’t have much of a need at this point. I may eventually install the curt wiring harness though just in case.

However since this was originally posted, @Diode Dynamics came out with a wiring harness for this exact application and it works very well. The only issue I had with it is the splitter that connects the two ssc1 pods is too short, so I had to install the lights closer together than I would have liked. The spacing you see on mine is the absolute maximum you can get when using the splitter, unless you use extensions which I didnt want to bother with. I already have lots of extra wiring slack and didnt want more. The harness also has an aux wire connector to override the reverse light and turn it on at anytime. The install was fairly straightforward and works really well!
By the way, I followed DD’s Instruction video for installing their reverse kit, but obviously routed the wires back down under the bumper instead of through the tailgate
Ford Bronco Backup lights installed using Diode Dynamics SSC1s D05D8B79-472B-45A7-97ED-09280EC3E0F5
Ford Bronco Backup lights installed using Diode Dynamics SSC1s 0FB85F75-8168-468C-8D11-DCA4E17DFA6F
Ford Bronco Backup lights installed using Diode Dynamics SSC1s 10928F09-610B-45A2-81F8-EB2E853564F4
Ford Bronco Backup lights installed using Diode Dynamics SSC1s 6EA6909D-7A20-40E3-9760-0EB29DBF7A09
Sponsored

Last edited: