First Name
Qasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have just installed rough country’s 50 inch single row led light bar and their 3 inch Osram wide angle led ditch mount light.

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country LED 50” light bar and LED 3” ditch mount lights E9C5FD30-4FF9-4EB4-A5B1-A8D91FD09F7E

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country LED 50” light bar and LED 3” ditch mount lights E183F48B-A059-485F-954A-BA864949A25B

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...t-71043.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415
https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415#280=708

These lights are amazing. Super sleek and bright as hell at night. I love how these look and the installation wasn’t so hard. I had it wired with my factory AUX switches which was easy. I used aux 1 to switch the light bar and aux 2 to switch the ditch mount lights (all while following the appropriate amp level).

One thing to note, rough country provides their own switches for anyone that doesn’t have the aux switch setup from factory. If you want to wire these to your aux switches, you would want to cut the wire (provided by rough country) right before the relay switch. After cutting it, you will see a red and black wire. I just stripped the red wire and connected it to the wire that’s linked with the appropriate aux switch (see the table on which color wire it needs to be linked with). I then stripped the black wire and connected that to the ground.
Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country LED 50” light bar and LED 3” ditch mount lights 1654977992435

*For the light bar, I did not drill any holes, as I just fished the wire through the left side edge of the front windshield, downwards to the wiring compartment area where the aux switch wires are located*

These lights are doing great so far. The only issue I am experiencing is that the 50” light bar is drawing some obnoxious amount of whistle noises. I get it, light bars come with noises forsure, but the whistling is so unbearable. I even installed the rubber dampers provided, as well as a door edge trim from autozone but no luck with the whistle noise going away. My only fix is to angle the light bar downwards but what’s the point in doing that? The light instead faces the hood, rather than facing forward.

I just bought this clear plastic aerolidz light bar cover, hoping that it’ll solve my whistle noise issue. Awaiting delivery now.
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/aerolidz-light-bar-cover-50-52-clear-single-row/

It could be that I have a soft top? I really don’t mind the wind noises but the whistle is genuinely hurting my ears and is unbearable to drive. If anyone has any suggestions or can let me know if these aerolidz cover actually help, I’d really appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Qasimateen

Qasimateen

Outer Banks
First Name
Qasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: Added the aerolodz to my 50" lightbar. I had to cut the lib by 2 inches so it fits my lightbar.

It fits and the noise is indeed gone. My only complaint now is that my softtop flaps like crazy when the light faces forward. I had to tilt the lightbar facing downward and the flapping stops.

Wind noise is still there which is expected, as it goes agains the car's aerodynamics.Whistle noise is indeed gone but now my soft top flaps.

Any suggestion on how to avoid the soft top from flapping (besides tilting the lightbar down)?

OP
OP
Qasimateen

Qasimateen

Outer Banks
First Name
Qasim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you route the lighter wiring?
the light bar wiring, I wired through the driver side windshield all the way down thru the plastic panen covers then to the hood. The ditch lights, I wired them through the panel to the hood as well.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

formula23

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE & 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the "Non-Powered" Circuits for?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI, that chart is preproduction. Aux 4 through 6 were upgraded for production models.

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country LED 50” light bar and LED 3” ditch mount lights Upfitter Wiri
Oh wow. I have been operating under the pre-prod values. May be a dumb question but, where did you find this info?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow. I have been operating under the pre-prod values. May be a dumb question but, where did you find this info?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the owners manual.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I “borrowed” that particular pic from BN, but as @604Bronco mentioned, it is indeed in the owner’s manual.

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have just installed rough country’s 50 inch single row led light bar and their 3 inch Osram wide angle led ditch mount light.

Ford Bronco Installed Rough Country LED 50” light bar and LED 3” ditch mount lights Upfitter Wiri

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...t-71043.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415
https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415#280=708

These lights are amazing. Super sleek and bright as hell at night. I love how these look and the installation wasn’t so hard. I had it wired with my factory AUX switches which was easy. I used aux 1 to switch the light bar and aux 2 to switch the ditch mount lights (all while following the appropriate amp level).

One thing to note, rough country provides their own switches for anyone that doesn’t have the aux switch setup from factory. If you want to wire these to your aux switches, you would want to cut the wire (provided by rough country) right before the relay switch. After cutting it, you will see a red and black wire. I just stripped the red wire and connected it to the wire that’s linked with the appropriate aux switch (see the table on which color wire it needs to be linked with). I then stripped the black wire and connected that to the ground.

*For the light bar, I did not drill any holes, as I just fished the wire through the left side edge of the front windshield, downwards to the wiring compartment area where the aux switch wires are located*

These lights are doing great so far. The only issue I am experiencing is that the 50” light bar is drawing some obnoxious amount of whistle noises. I get it, light bars come with noises forsure, but the whistling is so unbearable. I even installed the rubber dampers provided, as well as a door edge trim from autozone but no luck with the whistle noise going away. My only fix is to angle the light bar downwards but what’s the point in doing that? The light instead faces the hood, rather than facing forward.

I just bought this clear plastic aerolidz light bar cover, hoping that it’ll solve my whistle noise issue. Awaiting delivery now.

It could be that I have a soft top? I really don’t mind the wind noises but the whistle is genuinely hurting my ears and is unbearable to drive. If anyone has any suggestions or can let me know if these aerolidz cover actually help, I’d really appreciate it.
Can you show a close up of how you ran the wiring for ditch lights?
I’m trying to get some ideas on how to best run them from the lights down under the hood.

hdmontecarlo

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,
I see you tan the wire down the drivers side. Did you hook up the factory wire with fuse to the vehicle and then run the smaller wire for the on/off button to the auxiliary switch in the glove box or engine compartment? Thanks

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thank you for this. I have the RC 20" lightbar with DRL that will go into my RC high winch mount. I kinda knew how to wire it up and this post confirmed it. In my case, there's 3 wires (Red, black, white). The white will tie into my SPVparts DRL/parking adapter harness and red to AUX 6, black to ground.