Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed my Rough Country 3.5" Black Series round ditch lights w/ Amber DRL. They are awesome! Here are my observations and notes:

1.) Install was easy
2.) These are very stealth looking with the black housing, black inner component, and lack of logo, which is exactly what I was wanting. I have the Rigid Radiance pod fogs, and ideally wanted to match those for my ditch lights, but the silver screws on them and the giant "RIGID" logo wasn't going to fly with me since the lights are so visible up on the A-pillars. I wanted them to blend in more. I also like the round look of these Rough Country ditch lights since they go well with the round headlights.
3.) The white main lights are super bright!
4.) The amber DRL/backlight is also very bright. Definitely more of a light in itself than a backlight glow like the Rigid Radiance. I'm disappointed the amber in my ditch lights and fogs don't match, but I knew that was a risk going with two different manufacturers. I love how both of my fogs & ditch lights look unlit during the day, so I had to weigh that option too.
5.) I have the amber DRL backlight tied into my parking/running lamps, so when those are on the ditch light amber (and my fog amber) turns on automatically. They also light up when you unlock the doors or open a door (see video). Because the amber DRL is so bright on the Rough Country ditch lights, I'm probably going to move the amber for the ditch lights to an AUX switch or put a smoke Lamin-X film over them to soften them up some. I'm just not sure I want to drive around at night all the time with the bright amber ditch lights on......the Rigid fogs amber is softer and I really like that.
6.) Can't beat the price, so was worth a shot.

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 1

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.1

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.2

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.3

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.4

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.5

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.6

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.7

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 2.8

Sponsored

Last edited:

DirtyGSer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m digging the look with the amber fogs. Might need to pick those up. Is it illegal to leave the Amber DRLs on all of the time?

I ask because I just grabbed three sets of the RC 3.5” Round ditch lights along with the low profile ZRoadz dual bracket. Loving the look - pretty bright too.

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 4.MOV
Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 4.MOV
Where did that rear ight bracket come from? Any details?

Thanks!!

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have RC lights on my front and rear bumpers. But I went with AuxBeam 4" ambers and clear ditch. Went with Rigid dual ditch light mount also. Both brands seem to work great.
Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed IMG_20221227_143151
Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed IMG_20221227_143201
Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed IMG_20230129_163914
Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed IMG_20230129_153329

Sponsored

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have experience with these other Rough country lights.
Looks like a bronco specific kit. 3-inch Osram Wide Angle Series - Kit part # 71050

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...-71045c.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-4wd-856075

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed 1677013995189
All my lights are RC except for ditch lights. I have 4 cubes in my front and 2 cubes in rear bumpers along with two 6" led bars in my rear bumper and one 20" led bar in front bumper. I went with AuxBeam for the ditch cause I like the design better. But the RC lights work great and haven't had any problems with them.

IMG_20230202_135608.jpg

IMG_20230202_135630.jpg

DirtyGSer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those look just like the harbor freight "road shock" lights. But with covers. That alone is worth the 20bux difference, not to mention RC wouldn't have the sketchiness of HF.

Sponsored

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed my Rough Country 3.5" Black Series round ditch lights w/ Amber DRL. They are awesome! Here are my observations and notes:

1.) Install was easy
2.) These are very stealth looking with the black housing, black inner component, and lack of logo, which is exactly what I was wanting. I have the Rigid Radiance pod fogs, and ideally wanted to match those for my ditch lights, but the silver screws on them and the giant "RIGID" logo wasn't going to fly with me since the lights are so visible up on the A-pillars. I wanted them to blend in more. I also like the round look of these Rough Country ditch lights since they go well with the round headlights.
3.) The white main lights are super bright!
4.) The amber DRL/backlight is also very bright. Definitely more of a light in itself than a backlight glow like the Rigid Radiance. I'm disappointed the amber in my ditch lights and fogs don't match, but I knew that was a risk going with two different manufacturers. I love how both of my fogs & ditch lights look unlit during the day, so I had to weigh that option too.
5.) I have the amber DRL backlight tied into my parking/running lamps, so when those are on the ditch light amber (and my fog amber) turns on automatically. They also light up when you unlock the doors or open a door (see video). Because the amber DRL is so bright on the Rough Country ditch lights, I'm probably going to move the amber for the ditch lights to an AUX switch or put a smoke Lamin-X film over them to soften them up some. I'm just not sure I want to drive around at night all the time with the bright amber ditch lights on......the Rigid fogs amber is softer and I really like that.
6.) Can't beat the price, so was worth a shot.

Ford Bronco Rough country ditch lights installed IMG_20230202_135630

Did you end up moving the amber DRL to an aux switch? I like these lights, but anything electrical is my Achilles heal for working on vehicles so curious how that went if so. Do these lights just have power for the amber light, power for the white light, and a ground or is it more complex than that? Also where was the connection to wire them into your parking lights?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you end up moving the amber DRL to an aux switch? I like these lights, but anything electrical is my Achilles heal for working on vehicles so curious how that went if so. Do these lights just have power for the amber light, power for the white light, and a ground or is it more complex than that? Also where was the connection to wire them into your parking lights?
I did end up moving the amber DRL to an aux switch. The amber DRL was just too bright to always have on at night. Correct, there are 3 wires (1 power for amber DRL, 1 power for white, 1 ground). Very simple to wire up.

I used this plug & play adapter to tie-in to the parking lights if you want to go that route. It connects at the passenger side headlight. SPV Parts Harness System Bronco (& Bronco Raptor) Parking/Headlight Co (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did end up moving the amber DRL to an aux switch. The amber DRL was just too bright to always have on at night. Correct, there are 3 wires (1 power for amber DRL, 1 power for white, 1 ground). Very simple to wire up.

I used this plug & play adapter to tie-in to the parking lights if you want to go that route. It connects at the passenger side headlight. SPV Parts Harness System Bronco (& Bronco Raptor) Parking/Headlight Co (specialtyperformanceparts.com)
Okay awesome. Thanks for the info! I'm always nervous to just start cutting wires so I appreciate the insight.

OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just added some pics with rc lights on and off with amber drls for reference if anybody is thinking about adding them

20230307_174831.jpg

20230307_174837.jpg

IMG_20230307_090043_834.jpg

IMG_20230306_192459_811.jpg

20230302_165613-ANIMATION.gif
Sponsored