First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me thinks the 80% scheme was Ford's way of appeasing dealers bitching and moaning about not getting dealer stock for the first year or two. I mean if you could convert 2 out of every 10 sales to dealer stock where you could charge $5K markup, wouldn't you?

Not to mention the additional vehicles they will get for dealer stock with the orders that don't convert to a sale. There will be some of those too.

Wonder whose reservation they "Cancelled". Probably not a poster up in here...
Pretty sure it was the res holder who cancelled, not the dealer.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. I could even see a scenario where a customer calls the dealer to cancel and the dealer contours with "If you let us keep your reservation open, we will cut you a check for 500.00".
Why would the dealer even have to pay? Order under the res holders name, then treat it as an abandoned sale.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me thinks the 80% scheme was Ford's way of appeasing dealers bitching and moaning about not getting dealer stock for the first year or two. I mean if you could convert 2 out of every 10 sales to dealer stock where you could charge $5K markup, wouldn't you?

Not to mention the additional vehicles they will get for dealer stock with the orders that don't convert to a sale. There will be some of those too.

Pretty sure it was the res holder who cancelled, not the dealer.

Why would the dealer even have to pay? Order under the res holders name, then treat it as an abandoned sale.
Because if the one that doesn't convert calls Ford to cancel and realizes without their consent an order has been placed, the customer would probably lose their stuff. I know my "conspiracy theory" is out there LOL. Thats how I roll!

1024.jpg
Sponsored