First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Except that you are disregarding that it is the ordered machines that are getting cut in front of. Everyone knows that the reservation amount allowed more "maybes" access to the process. The cutting in line is after order conversion.
You both make good points and really Ford is damned if they do, damned if they don't. Will there be people who order in good faith but don't take possession? Absolutely. Life happens and we're committing to a major purchase months in advance that honestly, is a nice to have not a need to have.

So what should the dealers do with those vehicles? It would be great if Ford parked them in a lot for 8 months to honor the reservation system but that isn't going to happen. It's lost revenue and amazing free advertising as people drive them around. Just look at what they are doing already to get them out quickest to the Jeep heavy markers. And I want this launch to be a success. I want to be able to buy a new bronco for my son 8 years from now.

So, will some dealers abuse the system to make a quick buck? You know they will. But how can Ford separate the two? Sure it pisses me off but everything I think of to try to stop the assholes just ends up screwing over the honest buyers/dealers more or requires Ford to sacrifice millions.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. I could even see a scenario where a customer calls the dealer to cancel and the dealer contours with "If you let us keep your reservation open, we will cut you a check for 500.00". Person that cancelled it, just made a little profit for basically doing nothing, dealer converts the order for someone else (still under the reservation's name), and in theory could be safe if they monitor the 80% conversion ratio carefully. That said, they could obviously blow up in their face if they have too many "uncounted for" reservations that back out during the March 19 cut through time of delivery.

Whether it's this scenario or another, I promise you some dealer's will be working the system with that conversion percentage cushion. Don't agree with it but it will happen.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. I could even see a scenario where a customer calls the dealer to cancel and the dealer contours with "If you let us keep your reservation open, we will cut you a check for 500.00". Person that cancelled it, just made a little profit for basically doing nothing, dealer converts the order for someone else (still under the reservation's name), and in theory could be safe if they monitor the 80% conversion ratio carefully. That said, they could obviously blow up in their face if they have too many "uncounted for" reservations that back out during the March 19 cut through time of delivery.

Whether it's this scenario or another, I promise you some dealer's will be working the system with that conversion percentage cushion. Don't agree with it but it will happen.
The best way to learn the system is to learn how to game the system.

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is gonna be a whole heap of unpopular, but:

While I totally "get" why people who reserved early figure they should get their Bronco first, folks need to understand that Ford is a For-Profit company, as are each of it's dealers. Just because you stayed up late eating cheezies and logged onto a website to plunk down a measly hundred dollar refundable reservation fee on a vehicle that many folks won't ACTUALLY be able to afford (as is evidenced by the low conversion rate Ford projected and the even lower conversion rate they're now seeing), doesn't mean a thing. What matters to Ford and it's dealers is how many of these vehicles they can deliver and get paid for, PRONTO. They invested a LOT of R&D and Engineering time into the Gen6 Bronco. They retooled an entire plant and assembly line to bring them to market. They worked deals and signed contracts with all new vendors from their steel to the tops to the upholstery to bring this amazing beast to life. They've built literally HUNDREDS of proto types to showcase, test, and even destroy.... and even the survivors are (by law) destined to the zero-profit scrap heap. We are talking about tens if not hundreds of millions in marketing spent by Ford to get the new Bronco off the ground. They don't just want orders, they NEED them.

...So let me ask you: Do you REALLY think it would be good business sense for Ford to let orders they CAN fill and get paid for slip through their hands because Johnny-in-his-Basement has an earlier time stamp on his reservation? Sorry folks, but that's not the way business works. They will take every paying order they can get... and until you pay a REAL deposit and have a signed contract to purchase, no matter what your dealer says, you don't have an order. You have a hope and a dream. So go see your dealer, sign your contract, place your deposit, and wait on your Bronco. There is no other way to get it any sooner.
You are right. My salesman/manager at the dealership I ordered my Bronco through said out of the 170K pre-orders very very few came in when ordering opened up, to actually place their order. Most people just put the money ($100) down for bragging rights (my guess). Then you have the guys on this forum of course the majority of people on here are serious but we are not even close to the number of people that put the $100 dollars down. I think we will all get our Bronco's more sooner than later. The only issue I have is getting an MY21 so late in the year. i.e. if there are August deliveries and 4 months later the MY22 come out....just saying

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A friend that doesnā€™t even have a reservation, has told me a local dealer is offering to let them take a canceled July reservation. I know itā€™s not supposed to happen, but it wonā€™t effect my order because itā€™s not my dealer. Mostly Iā€™m jealous because they could get their Bronco before me. Thoughts??
I would be curious on how much he would pay.
Is your friend willing to pursue this opportunity to see what the uncharge would be and then you could share that with us?

I have a feeling it would be at least $5,000 over MSRP.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure it is. They just convert the reservation they have and sell it to the new guy. As long as they are under the 20% threshold for orders going to people other than those who reserved...then no problem for the dealer. Thatā€™s one of the reasons why some dealers are converting reservations without consent. They intend to just keep them and sell them...gaming it to land right around the 20% number thatā€™s allowable.
Absolutely. Ford basically condoned this crap by giving dealers that 20% leeway. Ford doesn't want reservations canceled, they want to sell Broncos. What better way than to let dealers play games without a penalty.

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be curious on how much he would pay.
Is your friend willing to pursue this opportunity to see what the uncharge would be and then you could share that with us?

I have a feeling it would be at least $5,000 over MSRP.

Not to turn this into an ADM thread, but is anyone paying an ADM here? My dealership asks me for $2500.00.. ADM. I said are you kidding me? after all the trucks I have bought for my business here and you want this crap..no way and he agreed to MSRP I said this is not a GT500 Ford will build the hell out of these.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every dealer is allowed to do this with 20% of the reservations. Look at it as a business decision. Why wouldn't they if Ford is letting them. I don't blame the dealers at all for doing it. Am I happy someone will get one before me who didn't reserve it? No. Remember, it's Ford that is allowing this. Don't blame the dealer for making money that Ford is telling them they can make.

I'm pretty sure my dealer is doing this with employee reservations made the first night. Is it dirty pool or working the system? People in the business of making money tend to do just that. Blame Ford if you don't like it.

Sponsored

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@djp is correct. Iā€™ve been told by 2 different dealers there is a loophole that I could utilize to transfer one of my 2 reservations to ā€œa family member or friend.ā€

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Amazed that dealers did not have employees make day 1 reservations just to have stock. Depending on allocation, some could be walking the line on the 80%...

Kalo92

Outer Banks
First Name
Khary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure it is. They just convert the reservation they have and sell it to the new guy. As long as they are under the 20% threshold for orders going to people other than those who reserved...then no problem for the dealer. Thatā€™s one of the reasons why some dealers are converting reservations without consent. They intend to just keep them and sell them...gaming it to land right around the 20% number thatā€™s allowable.
He stated it was already canceled. Its not an existing reservation so not possible

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not possible. Ford wonā€™t allow it.
With all due respect, itā€˜s going to happen. I understand 80% have to match which means almost 1/4 of all reservations can be played with. Be a good friend and encourage your buddy to take advantage of the situation because if he doesnā€™t, someone else will. I donā€™t like it either but I didnā€™t set this up, Ford did.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Impossible, since the reservations are THOUGH FORD and NOT the dealer. The dealer has NO say in reservations. They are basically lying to the guy
Not necessarily, if someone tells their dealer that they want to cancel, the dealer can refund the hundred and not take it out of the system.
Sponsored