Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is an overview of the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy...

Ford Bronco Dirty Dealing?? - What would you do? 4A8E191D-DEE7-4753-8119-6113437ED69E

I suspect that what may be happening is the dealer has several early time-stamp reservations made by employees right after the reveal, and they have temporarily parked those reservations with Priority Code 99, which pushes them into the 22MY allocation pool. If the dealer spots a customer that he thinks will pay up to cut the line, one of the employee reservations will be built out per the end customer’s specifications, and the order converted with Priority Code 19, which will put it into the 21MY allocation pool. When the Bronco is built and arrives at the dealership, the employee who originally made the reservation and converted the order will cancel the order, and the dealer will be able to sell the vehicle to the end customer with a healthy Additional Dealer Markup (ADM).

Per the policy, this can happen up to 4 times before the dealer is even evaluated (i.e., the first 4 are freebies), and after that, as long as the number of incompatible matches are under 20%, there is no penalty applied to future allocations.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Who canceled the reservation? If the previous customer just told the dealer they weren't ordering and didn't cancel then the dealer could order something. Yes it won't match the original reservation but as stated there's 20% they can play with right and not be penalized. I've been pretty positive from the beginning that there's dealers that padded their reservations in hope for early "stock" and are moving around their allocation to cover it.

Outside of that, if the reservation was cancelled correctly by the customer, that spot is gone and the dealer is just talking crap unless your buddy is willing to pony up for a deal described above.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if it’s a dealership employee reservation. I’m sure there were plenty of those dealerships making reservations on behalf of their “employees” just for circumstances like this..

Dirt Dog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands is right on the bubble with my dealer so it makes me mad when you know some funny business may go into this process. I know Ford has addressed this problem but what if the customer and the dealer cut a deal. Just saying ! Guy with a good reservation decides he can't wait for his Bronco anymore. Dealer cuts him an outstanding deal on an F150 as long as the dealer can have his Bronco when it eventually comes in. I think this is going on a lot more than we think. It would be interesting to know how many early reservations actually get cancelled !

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would have to be a cancelled Order not Reservation. Reservations die after they are cancelled. Maybe this dealer has a few Employee reservations they will convert and re-assign? Whatever the case it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there actually is a way to transfer reservations. think of it as a loophole. I sort of had to do it, but i still have a legit reservation (for myself). Im sure others will figure it out and there is nothing ford can do about it. I am not going to post the process or details of how to do, but yes, it can be done. However in the case above, that dealer will just sell that vehicle and take a hit against the 20% that is ~allowed/ignored by Ford

Id be happy to discuss this loophole with Ford to close the bug in their software

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am sure they will ask your friend for $1000 deposit and hold on to that money until...

"Sir, we have some bad news. We can't get you that Bronco like we said. Here is your money back. Thanks for loaning it to us for a few months interest free."

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the reservation order has already had their order submitted and eventually backs out. The dealer can do what they want with it. Sell it. Raise the price. It's a vehicle and it's not like Ford will tell them they aren't allowed to sell it. Ford needs to recuperate that $ it costed them to build it.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A friend that doesn’t even have a reservation, has told me a local dealer is offering to let them take a canceled July reservation. I know it’s not supposed to happen, but it won’t effect my order because it’s not my dealer. Mostly I’m jealous because they could get their Bronco before me. Thoughts??
I would suggest that your friend find out the cost of this special deal. I'm sure it's not going to be at invoice, hell it is going to be $5000 to $10000 over MSRP. If it's worth it to him be my guest.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A friend that doesn’t even have a reservation, has told me a local dealer is offering to let them take a canceled July reservation. I know it’s not supposed to happen, but it won’t effect my order because it’s not my dealer. Mostly I’m jealous because they could get their Bronco before me. Thoughts??
Kick him in the nuts!! Dealer that is....

but now you got me thinking... not too long ago someone from NJ said they weren't using their Day 1 reservation.... And since Ford allows 20% of sales that aren't to the res holder.... well what's one here and there... 🤔

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure it is. They just convert the reservation they have and sell it to the new guy. As long as they are under the 20% threshold for orders going to people other than those who reserved...then no problem for the dealer. That’s one of the reasons why some dealers are converting reservations without consent. They intend to just keep them and sell them...gaming it to land right around the 20% number that’s allowable.
I've been saying all along dealers will find a way to get around the system and people were fighting me tooth and nail. Now, most realize the games are widespread.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Probably a stupid question, but can you not just change the name on the Ford account? It has a pencil symbol next to it in the account screen. Of course that's not even necessary if the dealership itself made reservations and 'orders>cancels' upon arrival. Honestly with this 20% allowance BS I wouldn't be surprised if 15-20% of the MY21s end up being dealer stock vehicles.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think it might actually pencil out for shady dealers to take the 3 month allocation penalty in order to have early dealer inventory that they can ADM the crap out of.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is gonna be a whole heap of unpopular, but:

While I totally "get" why people who reserved early figure they should get their Bronco first, folks need to understand that Ford is a For-Profit company, as are each of it's dealers. Just because you stayed up late eating cheezies and logged onto a website to plunk down a measly hundred dollar refundable reservation fee on a vehicle that many folks won't ACTUALLY be able to afford (as is evidenced by the low conversion rate Ford projected and the even lower conversion rate they're now seeing), doesn't mean a thing. What matters to Ford and it's dealers is how many of these vehicles they can deliver and get paid for, PRONTO. They invested a LOT of R&D and Engineering time into the Gen6 Bronco. They retooled an entire plant and assembly line to bring them to market. They worked deals and signed contracts with all new vendors from their steel to the tops to the upholstery to bring this amazing beast to life. They've built literally HUNDREDS of proto types to showcase, test, and even destroy.... and even the survivors are (by law) destined to the zero-profit scrap heap. We are talking about tens if not hundreds of millions in marketing spent by Ford to get the new Bronco off the ground. They don't just want orders, they NEED them.

...So let me ask you: Do you REALLY think it would be good business sense for Ford to let orders they CAN fill and get paid for slip through their hands because Johnny-in-his-Basement has an earlier time stamp on his reservation? Sorry folks, but that's not the way business works. They will take every paying order they can get... and until you pay a REAL deposit and have a signed contract to purchase, no matter what your dealer says, you don't have an order. You have a hope and a dream. So go see your dealer, sign your contract, place your deposit, and wait on your Bronco. There is no other way to get it any sooner.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is gonna be a whole heap of unpopular, but:

While I totally "get" why people who reserved early figure they should get their Bronco first, folks need to understand that Ford is a For-Profit company, as are each of it's dealers. Just because you stayed up late eating cheezies and logged onto a website to plunk down a measly hundred dollar refundable reservation fee on a vehicle that many folks won't ACTUALLY be able to afford (as is evidenced by the low conversion rate Ford projected and the even lower conversion rate they're now seeing), doesn't mean a thing. What matters to Ford and it's dealers is how many of these vehicles they can deliver and get paid for, PRONTO. They invested a LOT of R&D and Engineering time into the Gen6 Bronco. They retooled an entire plant and assembly line to bring them to market. They worked deals and signed contracts with all new vendors from their steel to the tops to the upholstery to bring this amazing beast to life. They've built literally HUNDREDS of proto types to showcase, test, and even destroy.... and even the survivors are (by law) destined to the zero-profit scrap heap. We are talking about tens if not hundreds of millions in marketing spent by Ford to get the new Bronco off the ground. They don't just want orders, they NEED them.

...So let me ask you: Do you REALLY think it would be good business sense for Ford to let orders they CAN fill and get paid for slip through their hands because Johnny-in-his-Basement has an earlier time stamp on his reservation? Sorry folks, but that's not the way business works. They will take every paying order they can get... and until you pay a REAL deposit and have a signed contract to purchase, no matter what your dealer says, you don't have an order. You have a hope and a dream. So go see your dealer, sign your contract, place your deposit, and wait on your Bronco. There is no other way to get it any sooner.
Except that you are disregarding that it is the ordered machines that are getting cut in front of. Everyone knows that the reservation amount allowed more "maybes" access to the process. The cutting in line is after order conversion.
Sponsored