darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure it was probably a wheel speed sensor issue. So much of the new technology depends on it. And before anyone jumps on it saying it wouldn't happen with a Jeep, I had my Jeep lock up the front passenger wheel because a rear wheel speed sensor went wonky. Pulled me right off to the side of the road. Luckily I was only doing 50Km/h at the time.

We were in sand mode, and then everything lit up like a Christmas tree and I think we only had one wheel spinning. We tried a few things, then shut it down and walked away for a bit to try get it to reset itself, which didn't work and just like in the video, it resolved itself after about 20 minutes or so of limping back. We finished up the drive in Baja mode with no further issues. Here's a photo where you can see the right rear was spinning and dug in, and the front right looks like it wasn't doing anything. We were stuck.

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Plenty of training on GOAT modes are available online on BroncoNation or other web or YouTube sites. These Broncos are not like the old Broncos where you had to manually lock front wheels and jam it in 4 Low and go. I know not everyone can go to a Bronco Off-Roadeo training, but like the Raptor training, and training that Ford does for their Performance cars (like the GT 500 or GT 350) there is a lot to learn about these modern vehicles. Like you, I learned the old school way, now I have to re-learn and mix what I knew with new technology way of doing the same thing. We had a lot of discussion/training on both the front and rear lockers and when and when not to engage them. This new vehicle is so well planted that engaging the lockers are not as necessary until you get into more extreme situations. In the old days you engage them with the slightest snow on the ground. With ABS and much better tires and gear ratios, this way of thinking has changed. So just be open to thinking of 4x4ing in a different way is my point.
thanks for the suggestions. I am excited to learn the newer tech way without screwing up the new bronco! I have been spending alot of time on this forum and on youtube. There is so much it is hard to narrow it down to revelant information but now you have helped me with somewhere else to look,thanks

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@evilletruck - you have the MGV seats? Assuming they are manual, what are the 6 ways the seat adjusts? From various web pictures there appears to be a dial on the side of the driver seat that is not on the passenger seat. Is that lower back bolster?

I am assuming:
forward and back
tilt forward and back
raise up and down

Anything else?
Lumbar and I thought someone said they are on both front seats.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lumbar and I thought someone said they are on both front seats.
Yeah - that is what I am trying to find out. It - um - really matters to my passenger …

Also if Leather is any different on a non-powered two door.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually did something very similar to my wife's 2016 Explorer this winter. Got stuck in a snow drift in the driveway so I hammered down to get out and got basically the same warnings: ABS, AdvanceTrac not available,... When I finnally got it out, I it took it out on the street and went through a couple acceleration/brake cycles and all of the lights went away.

So a few important points here: 1. The AdvanceTrac system relies on the ABS system. If there is a fault in the ABS system, the AdvanceTrac system will disable. 2. When there is a fault (bad sensor reading) it takes a couple of cycles of good readings to clear. 3. Sometimes you have bad sensors and sometimes good sensors give bad readings (trust me, I'm an Automation Engineer, it happens).

So to sum it up, he got a bad ABS sensor reading which caused an ABS fault and disabled AdvanceTrac. It cleared when he got it on the road as is had enough cycles with no fault to clear. It had NOTHING to do with a GOAT MODE failure, or a software issue, or anything like that. If it happens again he likely needs to have an ABS sensor replaced under warranty, no big deal.

Now to address the all of the concern: I went to the Bronco Off-Roadeo, there were 30 some Broncos doing more difficult things for 2 days strait, no issues. The Fun-Haver course on the last day, the guides driving us through trails like that going like 40 mph. TRUST ME when I say, the Bronco is NOT fragile, it does not break easy. This was an isolated issue with a bad sensor reading, nothing more.

I really wish they would pin this as the first reply as a disclaimer so ignorant people (please understand that is not an insult, just means you don't know) stop overreacting....

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So to sum it up, he got a bad ABS sensor reading which caused an ABS fault and disabled AdvanceTrac. It cleared when he got it on the road as is had enough cycles with no fault to clear. It had NOTHING to do with a GOAT MODE failure, or a software issue, or anything like that. If it happens again he likely needs to have an ABS sensor replaced under warranty, no big deal.
Our own one-man BTSB! (Bronco Transportation Safety Board). (y)

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really wish they would pin this as the first reply as a disclaimer so ignorant people (please understand that is not an insult, just means you don't know) stop overreacting....
but...., What fun is a forum if you can't overreact?:eek: spoilsport.

"when in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout"

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez. The first gen Broncos didn't have these issues.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's been that way for a long time.

Single press = TCS off and Advance Trac still on/in sport mode

Press and hold for 5+ seconds = TCS and Advance Trac off/All nannies off
Well, the 'Stang is an 08 and the Expy is an 07. Mustang drives terrible on dirt with TC on though. Mustang is also a stick shift.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, watched his first video and had lots of details wrong.
I've seen a few videos (many from dealers) where the guy reviewing has no idea what they're talking about.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here awaiting my truck knowing every detail about the bronco that hasn't even been built yet!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Geez. The first gen Broncos didn't have these issues.
Yeah, kinda, the mid (68-72) years when they had the T handle 4x4 shifter could be real glitchy. They switched back to the non T handle in 73 or so.

iWarthog

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't you need to be in Neutral or parked to change goat modes/4 or 2? He was in drive the whole time.
Sponsored