Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How's the platform holding up? Did you ever make the other side? Any changes you wish you would have incorporated?

I might be picking my 2 DR WildTrak this weekend, and your DIY platform is my fave.

Cat.
It’s holding up great and allowed me to sleep in the back of my 2 door! (Head to tailgate and feet propped up on the center console between the front seats). I haven’t made the other side yet since I haven’t needed to and really like how my coolers and such stack in that recessed space. Honestly I wouldn’t change a thing about my prototype. Good luck to you!
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was very interested in the Goose Gear half rear seat delete for my 2dr, but ultimately I didn’t want to commit to removing something I couldn’t put back easily. I’ve also enjoyed the plywood platforms I’ve seen a lot of people come up with, but as awesome as they are, they seemed too large and cumbersome for what I needed.

Needs:
1: A platform to level the load floor on the side with my larger dog crate to prevent it from wobbling/falling when my dog moves around.
2: Ability to quickly and easily move it in and out of the Bronco.

Solution:
DC148170-F5B9-4A93-BCCB-D315ED1B2F70.jpeg
CB178717-7619-406D-9AC4-C946E997FA10.jpeg
6C505FAF-0E5E-49EF-99E6-D9FDDC57A90D.jpeg

4AF2AB6C-B873-4228-855B-3AF4B40D33C9.jpeg
21C68020-CC6D-42D9-AA0A-DBA5C90A8532.jpeg
9CB6C8A5-6FAB-4B61-9FD5-B7C0D0938918.jpeg

Plywood dimensions: 3/4” board cut to 20”x18” (they’ll do it for you at many hardware stores)
Marine grade carpet $12
These legs purchased from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3mN7gQY

I used small screws to attach the carpet and keep it tight with no air bubbles. I didn’t use the screws that came with those legs as they would have probably gone through the board.

Took my pups out for some light off roading yesterday and the system worked perfectly! The whole thing cost less than $50. I might make another one for the other side to have a modular set up available.

Happy New Year!
Since this thread resurfaced today I’ll add: hey @Mabett, feel free to use this as a template for a new product and build the second piece for the other side! (Just maybe send me one as compensation yeah?) 😁

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just created this for my bronco. Works like a charm for sleeping in a pinch while winter camping! Gives me (at 5'10") just enough room to lay flat with the lower rear seat cushion removed. 2 bronco bolts to get the lower rear seat cushion out & the rear seat back can lay flush with the platform. Appreciate it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just created this for my bronco. Works like a charm for sleeping in a pinch while winter camping! Gives me (at 5'10") just enough room to lay flat with the lower rear seat cushion removed. 2 bronco bolts to get the bottom seat cushion out & the rear seat back can lay flush with the platform. Appreciate it!
Glad it helped! I’ve had mine in the back all year now. Never in the way and frequently very helpful. One of my brighter moments for sure 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see this post has been around awhile, but I'm just finding it. I love this idea! My son recently started playing lacrosse and we've been hanging in the back of the Bronco watching the games, but it's becoming quite uncomfortable. Don't see why I couldn't add not add 5-6" of foam to the top of this? Seems easy enough to give a try, thanks for posting!
Sponsored