Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@joeramirez It isn't Texas weather up here in the northeast, but we've certainly had a fair share of 90+ hot & humid days this summer. I'm happy to report no drooping. It works great, and now that I've had the experience of riding with someone with their factory headliner, my DIY option works much better in terms of sound dampening.

My only regret at this point was using that outdoor carpet material instead of felt. It would have looked a tad nicer and probably improved the sound dampening properties.

In regard to your question, I didn't go over the latched pieces of the MIC, I didn't want to obstruct any of the articulation of the latches.
Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was looking into some options and I'm waiting to see what Hothead headliners produce as well as I wait for my Bronco and came across this:

https://soundskinsglobal.com/produc...DYuNivZZENLXq38WUFOUUeJqeSWbsa1IaAoH2EALw_wcB

Is it really worth installing sound dampening in the floors, especially if I have Vinyl flooring? I wasnt planning on it, and is the vinyl glued to the floor? I concerned more with the hard top.
Here is an excellent tutorial showing what it is like to remove the BD interior in order to install sound deadening material. . He is using a kit but you can do the same for a lot cheaper and maybe even more effectively using CLD sound deadener tiles and cut them to fit. Just make sure all materials you use are waterproof and not too built up around the drain holes.

I don't yet have my BD, but the video appears to show that the vinyl flooring (he keeps calling it "carpet") is not glued down (see video at 16:18).

chris.bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@joeramirez It isn't Texas weather up here in the northeast, but we've certainly had a fair share of 90+ hot & humid days this summer. I'm happy to report no drooping. It works great, and now that I've had the experience of riding with someone with their factory headliner, my DIY option works much better in terms of sound dampening.

My only regret at this point was using that outdoor carpet material instead of felt. It would have looked a tad nicer and probably improved the sound dampening properties.

In regard to your question, I didn't go over the latched pieces of the MIC, I didn't want to obstruct any of the articulation of the latches.
About to hop on this bandwagon! Still all good & no drooping? Also, do you think it'd be worth going for the superlight stuff to save on the back roof panel weight, or are the extra pounds not a terribly big deal? Thanks!

OP
OP
porjos

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About to hop on this bandwagon! Still all good & no drooping? Also, do you think it'd be worth going for the superlight stuff to save on the back roof panel weight, or are the extra pounds not a terribly big deal? Thanks!
Hey Chris,
It does add weight, but not enough for me to notice a change in driving characteristics. Also I always use two people to take the rear clamshell off just because it's so large and awkward for the 2dr.

However that Dynamat superlite stuff looks great though, and since it's thinner would probably be easier to apply!

PS - Still no drooping after a year and a half, no fraying on the edges - the 3M VHB and heavy-duty adhesive combo did the trick. My recommendation is ensuring you're methodical and apply it to every square inch of surface.
Sponsored