Sponsored

Do I need D load rated tires? Or will C do the trick?

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every time I hear this E rated tires make for an uncomfortable ride, I wonder how people come to the conclusion that E rated tires are automatically going to ride harshly, it's definitely not true for many E-rated tires.

FWIW, I am currently running Milestar Patagonia M/T's (E load) which were quiet for about the first 15k miles, but are a little noisy now. I have probably between 20-25k on them now, they have never felt harsh or uncomfortable.
typically higher load range tires have morelayers in the sidewalls that makes them stiffer (this is why people would be selling E load range bfg KO with 60k miles and 50% tread left from a Tacoma, they were hard as rocks), and therefore ride firmer. It’s all relative and depends on individual preference as well of course.
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thought of an E load on a Bronco makes me shiver.... My D rated Ridge Grapplers are too stiff. Wish they had these same 37's in a C. May try to fit the 38's (C load) next go 'round since I like the tire, jut not as comfy as the GY SAS tires.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also consider a D Rated Maxxis Razr A/T, That 4wp also carries. Stronger sidewall than the KO2, And still 3peak rated. One thing you're going to encounter on CO trails is downed branches, I've put plenty of holes in the sides of C Rated BFG A/Ts (Not KO2's however, I stopped running them before that tire was introduced)

A D rated tire at the appropriate pressure is just as comfortable as a C rated tire at it's higher pressue.
I Have the Maxxix RAZR A/T on mine in a 37, and love them. They ride really nice, and are pretty quiet. They run similar to the BFG in size though, a little smaller than most 37s, but that is what I wanted.

I dont have much snow in my part of AZ , lol.....but they do awesome off road , and were incredible in Sand Hollow trails and sand when I was there last year. They do come in D and E rating in a 37. I believ they do pretty goog in the snow from others opinions ive seen.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every time I hear this E rated tires make for an uncomfortable ride, I wonder how people come to the conclusion that E rated tires are automatically going to ride harshly, it's definitely not true for many E-rated tires.

FWIW, I am currently running Milestar Patagonia M/T's (E load) which were quiet for about the first 15k miles, but are a little noisy now. I have probably between 20-25k on them now, they have never felt harsh or uncomfortable.
I wound up with E rated 37 Maxxis RAZR A/T.... long story but I didnt even know they made them in an E. (thought I was getting D rated) . I wound up keeping them for the Sidewall plys. They were stiffer than the stock good years for sure, but now that I have Bilstien 6100s swapped out from the stock Sasquatch, I feel they can handle the added weight of the bigger - heavier tires. I feel like it rides better now that stock with the good years.

I think you definitely need a 17 inch rim sidewall, 20 inch rims with E rated would be a back killer. You also need to play with air pressure on road to find the sweet spot. ( an E rated tire usually has a higher air pressure range than C and D also )

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 285 KO2s w/load range E on my 2dr short bed pickup, and I'll tell you I'll never get them again. Partially that's a joke, because they're lasting forever, but I spin out everywhere. I'd get C if you can, factoring in your hitch requirements. They do good off road, though.
Sponsored