Sponsored

Do the Auto High Beams Gradually Increase to Bright?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was blinding pedestrians in the town I live in and had no way to *not* blind them, other than disabling the system completely.
What do you mean no way to "not blind them"?

Because flipping the normal/manual brights lever in those instances is too difficult?

So the auto dimming system should sense eyeballs?
If it were sensitive enough, it may actually work as a deer warning system when it picks up their eyes..... plus, don't want to blind them Bambis either !!!
LOL
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine work perfectly on my BL with high pkg (if that matters). They gradually increase to full bright over a 1-2 second period. Very noticeable if you are looking at the road but fast enough you will miss it if you glance down to check the high beam indicator. If you don't want them to auto dim/brighten then manually click the lever to low beam . If I manually switch the lever back to high beam they stay in manual but if I hit the lever a second time to high beam it goes back into auto mode and you'll see the AUTO indicator re-appear on the dash. It always stays on low beam when in town as it detects any lights in front of the camera. On the main or back roads it switches as fast if not faster than I would if I had to flick the lever.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got the signature lighting. Never noticed anything gradual about the lights. Instant on or off. Doesn’t matter if it’s done manually or automatically.

The weak spot is when there’s a car waiting to turn from a side street. If you don’t manually dim them you’d be bright lighting that person until you go by. Haven’t encountered an automatic system yet that doesn’t have this issue.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean no way to "not blind them"?

Because flipping the normal/manual brights lever in those instances is too difficult?

So the auto dimming system should sense eyeballs?
If it were sensitive enough, it may actually work as a deer warning system when it picks up their eyes..... plus, don't want to blind them Bambis either !!!
LOL
That's my point, it's NOT an auto-dimming system. It doesn't dim high beams when it detects lights, it turns on high beams when it doesn't detect lights, even when the control is set to low beams.

If I have my lights set to low beam with the auto-high beam system turned on, it will always have high beams on unless it detects light.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked in the manual, you can override it, but it still a poor system IMO. It should auto-dim when high-beams are on, not turn high beams on when I have lows on.

Ford Bronco Do the Auto High Beams Gradually Increase to Bright? 1697242936235

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I have been trying to figure out my auto high beams on my Bronco. When I manually change them (non-auto) there is a significant difference between low beam and high beam. When I run in automatic, I don't notice the same difference. But the high beam indicator is on. I was wondering if there is a gradual increase in auto that might make the transition less noticable?
mine do the same thing
so if its dark and empty road i just go manual

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO the auto-high beam as it is implemented is annoying and stupid. I would much rather have the lights auto-dim when set on high beam than to have them automatically turn high beams on when I've got them set to low.

I was blinding pedestrians in the town I live in and had no way to *not* blind them, other than disabling the system completely.
Auto dim? This isn't the chandelier hanging above your dining room table. ;)

And shame on the pedestrians for not wearing head lamps, where the Bronco would have noticed them easier and turned off the auto high beams.

Kidding aside, I have auto high beams off. I don't like the feature unless I'm driving regularly down back roads with little traffic.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto dim? This isn't the chandelier hanging above your dining room table. ;)

And shame on the pedestrians for not wearing head lamps, where the Bronco would have noticed them easier and turned off the auto high beams.

Kidding aside, I have auto high beams off. I don't like the feature unless I'm driving regularly down back roads with little traffic.
You've got fancier lights over your dining room table than me, I guess.

Auto-dimming high beams are a more common feature than auto high beams, if I had to guess. I mean Audi developed laser headlights, so clearly there's more advanced tech than Ford's out there :)

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I have been trying to figure out my auto high beams on my Bronco. When I manually change them (non-auto) there is a significant difference between low beam and high beam. When I run in automatic, I don't notice the same difference. But the high beam indicator is on. I was wondering if there is a gradual increase in auto that might make the transition less noticable?
On my 21 Wildtrac, it’s instant, on my 23 badlands, it’s gradual. I like the 21 better.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've got fancier lights over your dining room table than me, I guess.

Auto-dimming high beams are a more common feature than auto high beams, if I had to guess. I mean Audi developed laser headlights, so clearly there's more advanced tech than Ford's out there :)
Audi headlights are amazing - The best headlights I've had in any vehicle.

Last edited:

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
23 Bronco Raptor used to ramp up when before I swapped to Morimoto XB, but the OEM ones and 21 Badlands (Lux) just switches instantly.

Doug_life

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine are wierd. Some times it is instant. Some times it is the gradual.

Also, the brights default as on sometimes. I'll hop in my rig and the brights will be on.

I've been meaning to read the manual, but I'm always in a hurry when I am getting in or out of the rig.
Sponsored