Sponsored

Do you like the adaptive cruise control?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
My work van has it and I love it! Until I get stuck behind some cotton top and I don't notice I've been going 48mph on the highway for the last 25 minutes. At least I'm paid by the hour.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My work van has it and I love it! Until I get stuck behind some cotton top and I don't notice I've been going 48mph on the highway for the last 25 minutes. At least I'm paid by the hour.
This, I often forget I have it on and will be doddling along with the slow poke lol.

I got the lux but ACC was not a consideration to the package.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems to me from reading other people's opinions, ACC is something that sounds pointless until you've had it then you can't live without. I haven't had it so I'm in the first camp.
I think this is the second post in a row I've agreed with @Tricky Dick - I must be getting soft.

I first had this on my Audi, and initially thought "Wow, are people this lazy now?" Although I didn't use it all the time, once I started to use it I found it very good. The difference with that system was it allowed for stop & go, which the Bronco doesn't.

I haven't tried it yet on the Bronco, but I assume it'll be similar in nature and helpful on longer trips, especially on the highway.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
love it, would never drive without it.

no one puts a gun to your head to turn it on, and you can set it to act as a "normal" cruise control in the cluster menu if you want.

not too hard to switch lanes to pass a slower driver. Kind of amusing all the people talking about loving "driving", but dont even notice how fast they are going for miles lol.

when your in medium traffic where your forced to go with the speed of traffic and cant weave to pass 1 or 2 slower cars, its fantastic.

Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got it on my wife’s Rubicon. It’s super useful for driving in traffic on a highway. Set your target speed and then you just need to steer while it keeps from running over an idiot that pulled in front of you.
I’ve got it on my Rubicon as well, I’ll have it on my Bronco as well…it took sometime getting used to it….I know use it all the time when on the highway….provided you’re paying attention you can always override and prevent slowdowns when someone cuts you off….truly worth having!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does ACC brake for you or no?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the lux package and I'm wondering if I really need it. I've seen some people who really don't like adaptive cruise. Can you explain why? Is there anything in the lux package that you really love?
I had it in the Ranger and I tried it a few times but eventually stopped using it. I didn't like it because of my driving style. I've always driven with a soft foot, easy on the throttle and a coaster when slowing down. The adaptive cruise literally drives your car just like the car in front of you. If they brake, the system brakes to keep that same following distance. And if the car in front of you accellerates hard, so does your vehicle. And if your driving behind a vehicle that doesn't know how to keep a constant speed; you'll find the adaptive cruise with keep braking and accellerating to keep that same distance to the car in front of you. Which may be fine if your a distracted driver that texting, eating, or doing anything your not suppose to while driving. But I can do a better job at modulating the brake/throttle for a more efficient and smoother ride.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not have adaptive cruise control on my base bronco but I do have it on my sedan and that is basically the one thing other than locking diff I wish I could have gotten from the factory.
Long road trips are way less exhausting when adaptive cruise is in use.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the lux package and I'm wondering if I really need it. I've seen some people who really don't like adaptive cruise. Can you explain why? Is there anything in the lux package that you really love?
I love it. Never had it before and it's pretty nice....especially in a high traffic density area. The lux package was worth the upgrade over the high package for me. IDGAF what the "audiophiles" say, I think the B&O system sounds fucking fantastic for not having any speakers in the doors.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With out stop and go I didn't think the Lux package for ACC was worth it.

Saddle Tramp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had it on two F350’s, two 2019 Ford Rangers, absolutely love it, wouldn’t own a vehicle without it!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of acc. I enjoy driving too much.
same. I dont think I’ve used cruise control except for a couple of times on long road trips and I decided it was a good way to fall asleep behind the wheel.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

same. I dont think I’ve used cruise control except for a couple of times on long road trips and I decided it was a good way to fall asleep behind the wheel.
Yes. I would look everywhere else. Plus I like to pass cars and go faster then just following other cars.
Sponsored