Sponsored

Do you like the adaptive cruise control?

Broncobabe221

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered the lux package and I'm wondering if I really need it. I've seen some people who really don't like adaptive cruise. Can you explain why? Is there anything in the lux package that you really love?
Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm learning to like it
It's nice when on a highway with low or medium traffic and it keeps pace with the car in front if necessary

down side is your subject to cars that cut in front, and the variances to the car in front, and it is quick to reduce speed when the variables change

overall though I'm enjoying it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems to me from reading other people's opinions, ACC is something that sounds pointless until you've had it then you can't live without. I haven't had it so I'm in the first camp.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We got it on my wifeā€™s Rubicon. Itā€™s super useful for driving in traffic on a highway. Set your target speed and then you just need to steer while it keeps from running over an idiot that pulled in front of you.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely can't stand it, but my wife loves it on her Toyota. It also takes her much longer to get somewhere because if she comes up behind someone driving slower than her, she just keeps following them at that speed......for miles!!!

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had adaptive cruise on my F250, F350, Expedition, and Defender. My wife, son, and I all love it. It makes life easy for long drives. My wifes rt knee gives her issues when driving "manually" for long distances so ACC is a must for her.

The only thing I don't like about ACC is that it is really polite.

Polite? Yes, polite. You're cruising along at a good speed and Slowy McSlowerson pulls out in front of you. With ACC the vehicle slows down and happily drives at Slowy's new pace.
Very polite of it, but you're no longer at the speed you wanted. How you go about resuming that speed is up to you. Remain being polite and you can essentially end up driving in reverse.

All that said, I really like it, wouldn't choose to buy a new vehicle without it. Young folks may think its stupid. I was born when dinosaurs roamed the earth so like it very much. Opinions will vary.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t have my Bronco yet but have had my 2016 f-150 for six years now and it has ACC. Not sure if itā€™s improved on the Bronco or not. I like the the feature for highway and interstate driving and it works well for the most part. It does sometimes get confused thinking the car in the next lane is actually in your lane as youā€™re approaching and will apply the brake just a smidge but itā€™ll realize quickly itā€™s mistake and keep going. Sometimes Iā€™m faster and I will hit the gas myself. Iā€™ve tried using it on curvy roads a good bit also and it will lose the car in front of you often even when set to the shortest distance kept. As the vehicle in front goes around the curve first the trust loses sight and will accelerate and then picks the car back up when itā€™s around the same corner. Sometimes itā€™s doesnā€™t pick it back up fast enough so I have to apply brakes to slow down a little. Overall I think itā€™s pretty good but I could take it or leave it without any regrets.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m not a fan of ACC. I had it on my Cadillac and I didnt option for it in my Bronco. I found myself constantly going slower than I wanted because my vehicle would adjust to the speed of the vehicle in front of me and it would be miles sometimes before Iā€™d realize and change lanes to get back up to speed. The other issue is my Cadillac wouldnā€™t default to standard cruise if there was blockage of the lidar sensor (snow for example), THE CRUISE WOULD JUST NOT WORK. That Lidar sensor is very expensive and what that made me realize is, if there were ever an issue with that sensor, it would be an expensive day just to regain a working cruise control system. Now that was a GM product. Maybe the Ford system will revert to standard cruise?

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Havenā€™t tried it on a bronco, but I like it on other vehicles Iā€™ve used it on.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife has it, and after using it a few times I swore I'd never have another vehicle without it.

Then Ford deemed us unworthy unless we sprung for lux, so I experimented. And discovered that I preferred regular cruise. Acc lulls you to sleep and you end up following others more slowly. So happy with high package, especially after reading about folks complaining that the steering wheel heat sucks anyway.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not paying a premium over a manual transmission to get it but it was a new car option I wanted, just not $7,000 of want.

OP
OP

Broncobabe221

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you all! I think I'll keep lux based on your feedback. Sounds like I'll like it and my husband will hate it. Not his car though. šŸ˜„

I doubt it would get built any quicker without it anyway since it's a 2 door.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adaptive cruise is great for long interstate driving. I didnā€™t get it on my Bronco as thatā€™s not its primary purpose, but my wife wonā€™t even consider a vehicle without it.
Sponsored