Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me preface this by saying I emailed Dobinsons USA and was told that they will release their IMS Shocks and Struts along with a diff drop kit in the next 2-3 months. The IMS is height adjustable along with being compatible with the many different Dobinsons springs.

One of my biggest questions was regarding their current spring offering C19-566 which is rated for 0-110lbs on the front of a 2.7 4 door Bronco. I expressed my concerns that it is an inadequate payload as my bumper, winch, and skids would be close to 300lbs. I was assured that my payload should be fine and would still get 2.5-3" of lift. Interestingly enough they offer springs rated for 300lbs for the 5th gen 4runner. I ran that setup on my 5th gen. This is a direct quote from Dobinsons, "Dobinsons can design a stronger spring if needed but we haven't seen the need for it as of now, the IMS are adjustable and you raise the seat if you need to lift more. We didn't want to raise to much the spring rate as the ride frequency number goes out of our desired range."

Apparently the C19-566 springs are also compatible with the stock yellow bilstein springs. For those of you looking for heavier springs.

Dobinsons makes good stuff, I'll attach links to the pages I was looking at.

https://www.dobinsonsdirect.com/products/dobinsons-ims-lift-kit-ford-bronco-2021-on
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I look mine up, a 4 door wt, they do list a 150-350lbs spring option

OP
OP
medguy

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I look mine up, a 4 door wt, they do list a 150-350lbs spring option
I believe that you are looking at rear springs. I need that much up front. What was the part number for the springs you were looking at?

OP
OP
medguy

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe that you are looking at rear springs. I need that much up front. What was the part number for the springs you were looking at?
You're totally right. I didn't even catch that. I just kept scrolling down until I saw four-door.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone actually put these on a SAS Bronco stock Bilstein front or rear? I called Dobinsons and they said they would work. I tried ARB and had to send them back. They would not work on rear stock Bilsteins.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone compared these to the Eibach’s?
Eibach did not have these out several weeks ago when I installed the Dobinson's. I tried the ARB but they would not fit. I called Eibach and they told me they were still working on rear HD springs and did not know when they would be released. I found the Dobinson's and they work perfectly. Keep in mind, I do have a 3" Zone lift on my SAS Bronco. It lifts the front 3" and the rear 2". I simply removed the rear Zone stuff, (pucks) and installed new springs. That put the rear .25 to .5 of an inch higher. That is with about 200lbs hanging on rear.

Last edited:

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Eibach did not have these out several weeks ago when I installed the Dobinson's. I tried the ARB but they would not fit. I called Eibach and they told me they were still working on rear HD springs and did not know when they would be released. I found the Dobinson's and they work perfectly. Keep in mind, I do have a 3" Zone lift on my SAS Bronco. It lifts the front 3" and the rear 2". I simply removed the rear Zone stuff, (pucks) and installed new springs. That put te rear .25 to .5 of an inch higher in rear. That is with about 200lbs hanging on rear.
Interesting. I thought the 500 buck kit on Eibachs included the rears.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I thought the 500 buck kit on Eibachs included the rears.
They do, but Eibach has been developing HD springs for those with added weight (which is what he was looking for). They were not available when he talked to Eibach, but it appears they will be available soon based off what another user posted in another thread.
Sponsored