Sponsored

Does adding the cord performance tune take away warranty?

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to install ford performance tune but I do not want to loose my warranty would that change anything?should I call my local dealer ?
Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading over the Ford Performance warranty and the Ford Warranty, it reads as if your 3yr/36k mile warranty is handed over to the Ford Performance division, and is no longer honored by Ford. This would mean claims filed for powertrain related things would now be addressed by Ford Performance. I don't know if that means you'd have to go to a Ford Performance certified dealer or not.

Interesting observation is that the Ford Performance warranty makes no mention of the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty. Since Ford considers Ford Performance an aftermarket part, I would bet that the 5yr/60k is voided when that warranty coverage is handed over to Ford Performance (who again, makes no mention of this warranty). Let alone any kind of extended warranty thats purchased.

For this reason, I am not interested in the tune. I wouldn't trust anything after the 3yr/36k is covered, unless it's specifically stated in their warranty document. Even if a rep says we still get the 5yr/60k, I wouldn't trust it, even if in writing. I feel there would be an uphill battle unless specifically mentioned in their warranty document.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking to install ford performance tune but I do not want to loose my warranty would that change anything?should I call my local dealer ?
Reading over the Ford Performance warranty and the Ford Warranty, it reads as if your 3yr/36k mile warranty is handed over to the Ford Performance division, and is no longer honored by Ford. This would mean claims filed for powertrain related things would now be addressed by Ford Performance. I don't know if that means you'd have to go to a Ford Performance certified dealer or not.

Interesting observation is that the Ford Performance warranty makes no mention of the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty. Since Ford considers Ford Performance an aftermarket part, I would bet that the 5yr/60k is voided when that warranty coverage is handed over to Ford Performance (who again, makes no mention of this warranty). Let alone any kind of extended warranty thats purchased.

For this reason, I am not interested in the tune. I wouldn't trust anything after the 3yr/36k is covered, unless it's specifically stated in their warranty document. Even if a rep says we still get the 5yr/60k, I wouldn't trust it, even if in writing. I feel there would be an uphill battle unless specifically mentioned in their warranty document.
Install it. It’s a great mild tune and you only live once.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as you have the tune installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified mechanic the warranty is not affected.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as you have the tune installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified mechanic the warranty is not affected.
This is what I thought, I hope that’s the case, it’s crazy if not since it’s literally a ford engineered thing for the bronco.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will Ford install it even if you buy it online?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs