Sponsored

What's the "fine print" for the warranty?

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So i know there is 5 year 60K mile warranty from the factory.

Is that consistent till that miles / year. Does it matter how many owners it had, NOT to void it or for it not be in effect for any odd reason?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So i know there is 5 year 60K mile warranty from the factory.

Is that consistent till that miles / year. Does it matter how many owners it had, NOT to void it or for it not be in effect for any odd reason?

Bumper-to-Bumper
3 years / 36,000 Miles (whichever occurs first)

Additional Info:Some B-to-B parts have limited coverage available:
  1. Brake pads/linings are limited to 12 months / 18,000 mile coverage
  2. Wheel alignment and wheel balance are limited to 12 months / 12,000 mile coverage
  3. Windshields replaced for stress cracks are limited to 12 months / 12,000 mile coverage
  4. Windshield Wiper blades are limited to 6 months coverage
  5. Tires are prorated after 12,000 miles driven
  6. Utilize the LTIS policy for up to 36 months and 36,000 miles, where applicable, review EFC09678 for details.

Corrosion Perforation
5 years / Unlimited miles

Powertrain
5 years / 60,000 Miles (whichever occurs first)

Safety Restraint

Number of owners makes no difference.

OP
OP
Wiser Bronco

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bumper-to-Bumper

2. Wheel alignment and wheel balance are limited to 12 months / 12,000 mile coverage
  3. Windshields replaced for stress cracks are limited to 12 months / 12,000 mile coverage
  6. Utilize the LTIS policy for up to 36 months and 36,000 miles, where applicable, review EFC09678 for details.

Corrosion Perforation

Powertrain

Safety Restraint

Thanks!
When are you writing your own FORD-Wikipedia. By Ducati1098! LOL

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say, the last time I went in for a warranty repair, it was tires. We were in for the second oil change on a Bronco Sport, they noticed a rear shock leaking, and front brake caliper line was damaged, and the tires were all at the minimum tread depth. This was at about 12,500 miles on the car, just after a year of ownership.

The dealer warranty covered the shock and the brake line no problem (I was shocked at that since it was called "Damage", but they covered it), even provided a courtesy car for a week. They told us the tire warranty was via Michellin though and they wouldn't cover the tires. Michellin said they don't warranty Factory tires, those are through Ford. After some more back and forth - Michellin agreed to a courtesy credit. The tires had 12,500 miles, they allowed for a 60% reduction in price, for the same tire, through an authorized Michellin dealer. Our dealer, per the website, is an authorized dealer, but wouldn't touch it saying Michellin won't pay the claim. Neither would any other "authorized dealer" in town.

We obviously switched over to Wildpeaks and just decided it wasn't worth the hassle trying to claim a credit on something that only lasted 12,500 miles in the first place and likely would do so again.

Sorry for the slight derailment. Just saw the "Tires are pro rated" line and thought - hah, they don't cover tires anyway! - and got triggered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bumper-to-Bumper

Corrosion Perforation

Powertrain

Safety Restraint

Is the occasional pre-collision camera failure (don't know the precise wording), worth addressing through warranty, or is this just common occurrence.?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the occasional pre-collision camera failure (don't know the precise wording), worth addressing through warranty, or is this just common occurrence.?
Depending on outside conditions it can be normal. But if you’re getting the message on a clear day with nothing obstruction the camera I would try to get it addressed as that shouldn’t be happening. The issue is the dealership being able to duplicate the concern/have some type of direction to follow based off the specific error codes it’s throwing.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depending on outside conditions it can be normal. But if you’re getting the message on a clear day with nothing obstruction the camera I would try to get it addressed as that shouldn’t be happening. The issue is the dealership being able to duplicate the concern/have some type of direction to follow based off the specific error codes it’s throwing.
Thanks you. I've had a bunch during snow and fog, however today I got one out of the blue for no reason.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks you. I've had a bunch during snow and fog, however today I got one out of the blue for no reason.
One time I wouldn’t be overly concerned about. But if it continues to happen intermittently, then I’d consider getting it looked at.
Sponsored