Sponsored

Does anyone else’s headlights randomly turn on at night?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s happened a couple times now, has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been a few discussions about it, one of which included a security cam video of the guys Bronco in the driveway, as you said, the lights just turning on randomly.

I'm wondering if it is function of some type of update or online status check in occuring.

OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a known issue i believe with the headlight switch. I think some folks have done tweaking lime turn off updates in the middle of the night or whatever...

Somewhere on here I read that Ford was working on a redesigned new switch that doesnt short out (for lack of a better term)

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SSM 50842 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in October 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I put put the selector on auto it stays there. If I put it in off the lights might come on unselected and that can occur any time even just getting in/out of it or when driving the vehicle. I thought I was going mad but I think there is an issue here.

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have definitely caught my ‘21 doing this a couple of times. I opened the door, turned the knob to the off position and it went away. Would suck to wake up to a dead battery because of this.

Sponsored

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s happened a couple times now, has anyone else seen this?
Every damn day. Took it to Ford and they couldn’t get it to repeat the issue so they sent me packing.

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have definitely caught my ‘21 doing this a couple of times. I opened the door, turned the knob to the off position and it went away. Would suck to wake up to a dead battery because of this.
They only stay on for 3 min (yes I timed it for dealer)then cycle off. Odd!?

OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think this is a problem, it just caught me off guard. I live in a very rural area and thought someone was trying to steal it.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco started doing this a few weeks ago. I always leave the switch on Auto. Never had issues. Now the lights will just randomly come on when I turn the truck off and go to exit. even in broad daylight. Just did it in the parking lot right now.

real glad ford will supposedly fix this in October. Love taking this truck in every two months for something new that has gone wrong. Pretty cool.

And for those folks that claim they have had zero issues with the truck.. chances are that they are just not discerning vehicle owners. Only noticing massive issues.
Sponsored