Sponsored

Does anyone know what the factory (stock not B&O) specs are? Talking about rated power, speakers rating, 2 way, 3 way etc

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Have searched this forum and could not find anything or anything from Ford. Appreciate any help, not paying 6k or more just to get the B&O and a bunch of crap I don't want...
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I listened to the B&O this past weekend at a Bronco event. Comparable to the f-150. Descent, but nothing special.

I am awaiting the specs as well on the standards. I am expecting paper woofers (even though marine grade should be in the dash at least) with pretty low rms wattage. Mine will be swapped very early in the rigs life. I don’t think they are 6.5’s like in the Ranger. 5 1/4’s maybe, but man they look small. May even be 3.5”.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn't expect much. It seems people's standards for audio quality have diminished over the years, to the point that the average person is perfectly satisfied with listening to music through their cellphone or their computer's 1" speaker. Car manufacturers know this.
I'd be surprised if any standard factory car stereo is rated much above 20 watts. And don't look for component speakers with separate woofers, mids, and tweeters. Full-range speakers are the norm. Standard car stereo speakers nowadays cannot even faithfully reproduce the low E string on a bass (which is around 41 Hertz). Forget about electronic or symphonic music, which can go much lower. What you end up hearing are the upper transients, and our brain fills-in the details.
I'd be surprised if Ford has more than about $50 dedicated toward the amplifier and speakers in the standard Bronco audio system. And I'm sure they build none of it.
This seems to be a decent outfit. I've purchased from them in the past. Once the Bronco is birthed, you'll be able to punch in make/model, and it'll spit out everything that fits your ride:

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I appreciate the advice but I have a stereo shop I trust. I'll just wait til I get it I get my Bronco and go from there. Sometimes a decent pair(s) of speakers is all it takes to make it a lot better.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Digging this up again as my curiosity has peaked on this topic as well.

Has anybody found the answer to this?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Measurements are in a couple of the build threads. But from memory: Dash and rear pods are 4" rounds, kick panel are 6.5" rounds. Dash speakers are tied to the kick panel speakers and use some type of frequency block/filter (don't remember the correct term). I believe paper cones for all. Rear pods are frequency neutered by programming from the factory. Factory speakers appear to be able to handle an additional ~50 watts per channel (Kick Key 200.4 amp is current popular choice). Tapping into the kick panel speakers appears to be route to run amps from, unless you buy a plug and play harness. JL C1 (I believe) are the popular speaker replacements, though this has been a topic of discussion. Best sub options appear to be either the powered mini subs from Kicker or the Kicker down firing subs. I just saw another micro sub that might fit under the seats, but can't remember what it is.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-install-diy-video-do-this-first.38520/unread

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...orial-with-stereo-wiring-diagram.20275/unread
Sponsored