Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

pretty simple question, does anyone want ECO mode. If we can get rid of them would allow something like Baja in all models

if you vote yes you want ECO mode I'm curious why
The environmentalist part of me likes Eco and wants to keep it. I realize I sure as heck didn't buy the vehicle to be conservative on my fuel bill, but at the same time I travel for work and for my son - a lot - so if it means I can save some cash, then yep, I want it.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ECO doesn't make one lick of a difference on my 2.3L Badlands MT, I saw literally 0 impact in fuel economy when using the vehicle under similar circumstances.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad to have Eco, it saves me a bunch of gas on the freeway, around 10%. Too sluggish to use in town though.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm glad to have Eco, it saves me a bunch of gas on the freeway, around 10%. Too sluggish to use in town though.
This makes no sense. Eco mode should very literally make zero difference once you are up to speed on the freeway, since all it really does is change your shift points and throttle response.

Once you are in your top gear, all modes should behave identically. I'm really curious about this, as every other Ford I have ever owned gets the same mileage on the freeway irrespective of Eco, Normal, or Sport mode.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This makes no sense. Eco mode should very literally make zero difference once you are up to speed on the freeway, since all it really does is change your shift points and throttle response.

Once you are in your top gear, all modes should behave identically. I'm really curious about this, as every other Ford I have ever owned gets the same mileage on the freeway irrespective of Eco, Normal, or Sport mode.
ECO also closes the louvers in the grill, which should in theory give you some aero advantage at highway speeds. You are sacrificing air over the rad for aero, which is becoming more common on new vehicles

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's consistently made a noticeable difference. I'm at nearly 4k now and at least 3k of that has been highway so I've been able to do plenty of testing. It does help around town as well, it's too slow. I'm almost certain there's more to it than shift points and throttle response. I'm guessing it also detunes the engine and restricts fuel and boost. @drew707 might know?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real issue I have with the modes is that it doesn't stay in the last mode you were in when you shut off the engine. 99% of the time you are going to leave wherever you are in the same mode that you arrived in. It is ridiculous that you have to hit ok to stay in that mode.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

next people will be against paper straws

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Modes are marketing garbage anyway

You want the car to act differently then you use your feet differently

All eco does is flatten the throttle curve a little, it doesn't magically give you better mpg
No eco mode 18 MPG-- with ECO mode 18.1 mpg....no joke.. seriously.

Sponsored

dokk

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove 2 trips of 400 miles each over the weekend. Eco mode averaged 18.9 mpg / Regular mode clocked in at 20.5 on the return trip. 🤷‍♂️

I think I'm just going to send it in sport mode from here on out and not look at fuel economy anymore...

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it helps at all with fuel economy in daily driver or long road trip situations, why not?

By all appearances, GOAT modes are computer controlled, and none of the controls or display look like they would impose a limit on the number of modes. So there shouldn't be any downside to having an Eco mode.

Now, there is the question of why certain modes aren't offered on certain trims (looking at you No Sport Mode on the Badlands). I am curious why that is.
No sport mode as the badlands is heavier and meant for more off-road use, hence the crawl mode option. The Wildtrak doesn't have the crawl but it has Sport mode...it's more of a soccer mom (dad in my case) on-road vehicle. That'd be my best guess...

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

SInce this question was asked in 2020, we have since learned that you can unlock all modes for the bronco through FORSCAN. So, it's kinda a mute point.
Sponsored