Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess not necessarily so, but likely? We're only talking 7000 units after all. But at the same time, Ford would need to iron out production issues with running different trims down the same line..?
Thoughts?
The build is based on reservation date and time along with like units. According to our Ford rep, all FE will be built first because those were the first to be reserved and are all like models. Pretty simple and straightforward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The build is based on reservation date and time along with like units. According to our Ford rep, all FE will be built first because those were the first to be reserved and are all like models. Pretty simple and straightforward.
First to be reserved??
Reservations open for all models all at once...

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First to be reserved??
Reservations open for all models all at once...
? yes they did but the FE was the fully reserved before the morning of July 14th. Plus the first editions are all like models with very few options to add making them the easiest to produce for Ford first. Followed by all the other models that were reserved. This is not hard concept to understand.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If things were easy to understand we wouldn't have 1,000s of pages on late availability items and allocation theory

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

? yes they did but the FE was the fully reserved before the morning of July 14th. Plus the first editions are all like models with very few options to add making them the easiest to produce for Ford first. Followed by all the other models that were reserved. This is not hard concept to understand.
I doubt it will make too much difference in delivery time but in the time that 7000 FEs were reserved Ford could have had 20,000 reservations for other models.

So FEs were the first to sell out but there could be many more Broncos ahead in the queue.

I think this is what @WuNgUn was getting at.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all my opinion, so its just a guess, but an educated one.

I'm guessing that it will take 3 months or more before all the FE's are built. Again, its First Edition, but it doesn't say First built edition, rather its the First Special Edition, so they will all be built before the next special edition comes out in 2022.

1. Everyone's assuming the FE's were reserved first, but I'm certain that there are a ton of other reservations mixed in. So if Ford were to go in order (which I don't think they will), this would spread them out quite a ways.

2. People with first day reservations are also hoping that they'll have one built very early in production, I think many are going to be very disappointed. I'm 3 hours into the reservation bank opening and tried and tried to get in and was lucky at 3 hours. This tells me there are a ton ahead of me, I've never seen a number, but I don't think its out of line to expect that 20-50K (or more) reservations were in the first 24 hours, so its going to take a while (months) before first day reservations are all built.

3. I don't think "in order" means what many think. I think they'll be "in order" for that dealership, so some will have more of a wait if their dealer has more first day orders, while another dealer that didn't have any first day orders will start with second day immediately. I think the majority of dealers will have an even mix of dates that represent the overall mix so it won't matter, but I think there will be a few with very heavy first day reservations that will take longer to get through.

On the opposite side, but much less common, there will be a few dealers with no early reservations that will start their scheduling with much later orders that will be built before many earlier orders. It won't be a big factor for most people, but I don't see any way Ford could do it in nationwide reservation order and have it work with the system they have.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Even though the first edition is pretty much a fully loaded bronco with few options there will still be enough variation that will lead to production scheduling due to options in this trim. Take for instance someone like me who is getting the all black interior along with the modular top versus somebody taking the Navy pier interior with the Mic top. There could be months difference in delivery time between these options depending on suppliers. Then you have to take into account the fact that tens of thousands of other trimmed Broncos were reserved in between the first reservation for an FE and the last reservation for an FE. Just take a look at my very late reserved First Edition 10132xxx.

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The FE didn’t just sell out on day one... it sold out in the first few hours of day one. Yes, many other Broncos were also being reserved in those first few hours. But the point is that, unless you take a voluntary delay for the black top, your FE will be one of the earliest produced vehicles... along with others reserved in those first few hours of day one.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One incorrect thing that many here believe is that Ford wants to build all the same, and in some ways it would be good for the line, but in others it wouldn't. For example Shelby GT500s used to be limited to one every so many cars because the engine took longer to install so any more than that they'd have to slow the line down.

But the bigger issue that keeps them from doing all the same is suppliers. Let me give one example (that may or may not be an issue, but gives the idea). THIS IS JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE, NOT BASED ON FACTS, JUST A DEMONSTRATION. Lets go with seats. Ford will get Cloth and Leather, I'm betting they are made in separate areas so Ford will have to use 50% cloth to 50% leather. With our "just in time" production they won't have extra so they have to build the amount of Broncos that each supports. The company making the Leather won't ramp up knowing that this is short term and will have excess capacity once normal production resumes so Ford will just have a cloth/Leather ratio (50% in this example). Now take it a step further and look at the company making the seats, same issues can apply, Lets say they have the same issue and have to order fabric for production and now you've got 40% Wildtrak Tan, 20% Badlands Black and 20% OB Navy, Leaving 20% for FE. Lets say 100 Broncos are built, 50 can have leather, but only 10 can be FE's Now you can see how it could take a time to get through the FE orders. AGAIN REMEMBER THIS WAS JUST FOR DEMONSTRATION, I HAVE NO IDEA IF SEAT FABRIC IS A COMMODITY OR NOT.

Also remember we were just discussing one option, now figure you've got wheels, tires, engines, touch screens and who knows how many other variances to make fit production. So to build an FE you'd have to have all the commodities, 2.7, Beadlocks, tires, 12" screen, seats, and who knows what else. Makes me glad I don't work on supply contracts for the plant.
Sponsored