Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With Ford increasing the total allocation for the First Edition to the 7,000 from the initial 3,500, what happens if all of the reservation are not converted to orders? Will they still build 7,000 FEs? How many FE’s have been converted to date?
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP- Side note I see your a Rush orderer. I’ve had pretty good back and forth with them. David has answered everything quickly for me. How has your experience been so far? Only ask because most Orlando guys here seemed to be with Mullinax or Granger.

OP
OP
tmbonnett

tmbonnett

First Edition
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP- Side note I see your a Rush orderer. I’ve had pretty good back and forth with them. David has answered everything quickly for me. How has your experience been so far? Only ask because most Orlando guys here seemed to be with Mullinax or Granger.
I am a long time Rush customer. Make sure you deal with Wally. He is the sales manager. He will be sure to help take care of you.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea any of the dealers would be more than happy for an FE reservation holder to let their reservation slip.. I’m sure they’d slap a $15k markup and sell it off the lot.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's my understanding that all 7000 First Editions will be produced. Any FE'S not converted to orders will get distributed to high volume dealers in different regions.

Mike2047

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys think we can start one of those petitions or light up that Levin guy's twitter, or whatever they have done so far to get his attention? They botched up the reservations and went from 3500 to 7000, now it seems they are not getting nearly as many reservations converted to orders. If they only produce the reserved number or the original 3500, maybe we'll actually have something special.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys think we can start one of those petitions or light up that Levin guy's twitter, or whatever they have done so far to get his attention? They botched up the reservations and went from 3500 to 7000, now it seems they are not getting nearly as many reservations converted to orders. If they only produce the reserved number or the original 3500, maybe we'll actually have something special.
it was 3500 and then they set the availability of 3500 for both 2 door and 4 door. From my understanding those FE holders that do not convert loses their reservation and the region essentially gets the FE for sale at a dealership. Ford will make 7000.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's my understanding that all 7000 First Editions will be produced. Any FE'S not converted to orders will get distributed to high volume dealers in different regions.
This is correct. Some buyers are of the belief that only converted FE reservations will be built reducing the overall population of FEs. But Ford will not leave money on the table. Every FE will be built. Those that don't convert their reservation to a FE doesn't mean that specific dealer will get a FE to sell on the lot. Rather FEs reservations not converted to orders will be accounted for at the region it was made and distributed to top-performing dealers in the region the reservation was made. Ford won't be allocating a non-coverted FE reservation made in Texas to a Miami dealership.

For those that are targeting a FE build to be a unicorn, you should choose options that are less desirable to the demographic. Most of the non-converted FE reservations that Ford distributes to the select dealers will be of the More-Door trim. More-Doors carry a higher base price and will justify the ADM with perceived value. With the black leather option being widely accepted, the Luna Pier leather interior will be unique. The 2-dr Lightening Blue FE with Luna Pier is the unicorn build out of the 7000 units.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is correct. Some buyers are of the belief that only converted FE reservations will be built reducing the overall population of FEs. But Ford will not leave money on the table. Every FE will be built. Those that don't convert their reservation to a FE doesn't mean that specific dealer will get a FE to sell on the lot. Rather FEs reservations not converted to orders will be accounted for at the region it was made and distributed to top-performing dealers in the region the reservation was made. Ford won't be allocating a non-coverted FE reservation made in Texas to a Miami dealership.

For those that are targeting a FE build to be a unicorn, you should choose options that are less desirable to the demographic. Most of the non-converted FE reservations that Ford distributes to the select dealers will be of the More-Door trim. More-Doors carry a higher base price and will justify the ADM with perceived value. With the black leather option being widely accepted, the Luna Pier leather interior will be unique. The 2-dr Lightening Blue FE with Luna Pier is the unicorn build out of the 7000 units.
The Ford rep I spoke to on the phone said "FE reservations not converted to orders will not be built". She sounded pretty confident when saying this.

That said, I suspect many dealers would convert FE reservations to orders for customers that they didn't hear from or said they wanted to cancel. With the 20% penalty threshold for selling Broncos to names different than the order bank, that pretty much insures that dealers can sell anything they want without penalty. If I were a betting man, I'd bet there will be less than 7000 built, but no one knows.
Sponsored