Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dogs kennel wont fit in the rear cargo area without putting the rear seat down. Then the problem is that the "hump" makes the kennel lean forward since it is raised about 2-3 inches. The simple solution would be to just make a wooden platform to level it out to tie down. I am looking for a more stable solution. I have considered Ford's slide out tailgate Part # N2DZ99402K19AB. It looks like it is flush with the rear seat "hump". I don't have much need for the platform so its an expensive solution. I would much rather some storage or something.

Do any of you have the slide out tailgate? Does it fit flush with the sits in a down position?

Also, do any of you know of any other solution I am not seeing?
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pic of your dog? How big is it? And how determined is he/she?

I have 2 pugs. All I did was build a platform to cover the rear seats when folded down. Put their bed on that. Then a net stretched across to the headrest posts of the front seats. That keeps them contained in the back just fine.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a lot of posts on here of people making very stable platforms to make it level. I think some did thier own drawers too. My favorite notched the sides so the stock tie down brackets locked it in when the tailgate is closed.

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pic of your dog? How big is it? And how determined is he/she?

I have 2 pugs. All I did was build a platform to cover the rear seats when folded down. Put their bed on that. Then a net stretched across to the headrest posts of the front seats. That keeps them contained in the back just fine.
45 lb Heeler named Hoss (did not name him after the suspension :ROFLMAO:) and a 15lb pug named Luna. I have a rear seat hammock for short trips but I like to keep him in a kennel for long trips and going up in the mountains. Its just way safer in the case of an accident and it keeps him from banging around the cab if I have to make evasive maneuvers haha. Really want to fit the kennel comfortably in the back for these occasions

This is Hoss. Luna for bonus points.

Ford Bronco Dog Kennel Rear Cargo Solution PXL_20221103_233614555.MP

Ford Bronco Dog Kennel Rear Cargo Solution DSCF0207.JPG

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have "seatbelt" straps for my dogs. Basically connect the seatbelt to thier body harness. You could also tie tie harness to the loop on the back of the seats so they can't fly

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a Ruff Land large side door kennel four 65ib dog. She hops right in and it is secured to floor w ratchet straps. Leaves rear seats available for passengers or fold down for cargo.

Large kennel would provide plenty of room for both dogs to travel in safely. The kennel is rotomolded construction similar to a high end cooler.
Sponsored