Sponsored

Doing the off roadeo this weekend in Austin.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My wife has no interest in camping or off-reading and that’s OK. Thought I could do the off-roadeo at minimum expense, but then thought she should probably go. Good idea Ric!!

A guest is the better part of $400, just to ride in the back of the Bronco? Add in the two night resort fees and we’re talking about $1300 to $1400 rather than $200. I don’t mind the resort (hotel) fees, but why does it cost $400 to have her ride in the back of the vehicle? She has no interest in driving. Is the food that good????

YOU HAVE ALL GIVEN IT 5 STARS AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your guest gets to drive! She’s getting behind the wheel! Lol

she may not be into it today but if she’s a good sport and gives it a try, you might find her borrowing the truck to take the long way home through some dirt and rocky roads!

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the one in Moab and there were several groups who had people who all started off saying they didn’t want to drive but I’m the end they all did.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Brave man to go in the heat we've been having! I'm hoping they'll do these in November. :LOL:

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you get signed up for this? I got Bronco last week and dealer said nothing?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your guest gets to drive! She’s getting behind the wheel! Lol

she may not be into it today but if she’s a good sport and gives it a try, you might find her borrowing the truck to take the long way home through some dirt and rocky roads!
HA HA HA …Thanks. We live in Houston. Realistically, the nearest off-reading other than a brown beach, is 600 miles away (Big Bend). There are so many tricked out Jeep mall crawlers here in Houston however, that it could be the FWD capital of the world. WTF?

Thanks for your reply, I hope she has fun. I’ll let her know she will have to drive….PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE! 😳

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you get signed up for this? I got Bronco last week and dealer said nothing?
Go to Ford Bronco Off Roadeo.com and sign up with your credentials. I believe Ford reimburses your $250 fee. Not sure how though….

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brave man to go in the heat we've been having! I'm hoping they'll do these in November. :LOL:
Yeah it will be hot…. My wife and I both grew up in Tucson, AZ. Now living in the very high humidity in Houston. Pretty uncomfortable when you’re used to a dry climate. I’m hoping it will be a little bit drier west of Austin. Key word…little.

First Name
dvd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife has no interest in camping or off-reading and that’s OK. Thought I could do the off-roadeo at minimum expense, but then thought she should probably go. Good idea Ric!!

A guest is the better part of $400, just to ride in the back of the Bronco? Add in the two night resort fees and we’re talking about $1300 to $1400 rather than $200. I don’t mind the resort (hotel) fees, but why does it cost $400 to have her ride in the back of the vehicle? She has no interest in driving. Is the food that good????

YOU HAVE ALL GIVEN IT 5 STARS AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
You guys will love it. Maybe you more than her. Nothing like videoing tires not on ground, swear words you didn't know you knew, and going up one of the obstacles then all you see is sky because your rig is vertical. Our guides were wicked awesome. Jump in the "sanctioned" speedy Gonzales loop. Our guide tore it up. But also, BBQ, Tex Mex, and a lot of it. Get away from Horseshoe. Way better places to get your feedbag on.

Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You'll both have a great time. Plus they'll ask her to practice spotting you on one of the obstacles. She'll also be able to get good video of you and the perpetual grin that you'll have as you drive that thing throughout the day. Enjoy!

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys will love it. Maybe you more than her. Nothing like videoing tires not on ground, swear words you didn't know you knew, and going up one of the obstacles then all you see is sky because your rig is vertical. Our guides were wicked awesome. Jump in the "sanctioned" speedy Gonzales loop. Our guide tore it up. But also, BBQ, Tex Mex, and a lot of it. Get away from Horseshoe. Way better places to get your feedbag on.
Thanks. I’m a brewer, so planning on hitting Save The World Brewing Co. in Marble Falls at least once.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Left unasked is why do you make your wife ride in the back of the Bronco??

When my wife and I went to the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo she also said she had no interest in driving but then ended up doing most the driving after lunch.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RHeinz do you all have your bronco yet? If not i think it’ll help add to the excitement. I learned a little and had fun. The day went by fast. The food is good, but it’s all about learning a bit more about the bronco and what it’s capable of and what some features do.. the trust fall comes to mind. It’s a good time and don’t make your wife ride in the back. at least let her ride shotgun and perhaps take the wheel some

edit: if anyone is in the back seat, they’ll quickly share my biggest complaint of the bronco: lack of a/c in the back

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Left unasked is why do you make your wife ride in the back of the Bronco??

When my wife and I went to the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo she also said she had no interest in driving but then ended up doing most the driving after lunch.
I would love that. Both of us grew up in Tucson, Arizona and we dated going off road in a CJ3A which I still own 45 years later. Don’t think I’ll have any issues driving on about any terrain…. Been there done that…. I do want to learn about the Bronco 4WD system and it’s options.
Sponsored