Sponsored

Doing the off roadeo this weekend in Austin.

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Left unasked is why do you make your wife ride in the back of the Bronco??

When my wife and I went to the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo she also said she had no interest in driving but then ended up doing most the driving after lunch.
Wow, I hope so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will be driving our Badlands, SAS, 2.7L, MIC to the event.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have a spot the Sasquatch contest as you go along to start. They are hard to see when you are driving. You could tell her you really want to find them so she may need to drive some.

She can start in shotgun and will probably want to take over the wheel as you go. Many good times to trade off. I took my 18 year old son and he ended up doing most of the driving. The views are great and so is the food.

They really teach you about all the aspects and technology of the Bronco. Good experience all around.

There is a "hot lap" on the dirt course at the end of the day. It is a blast.

Enjoy!

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off Rodeo is an absolute must for any Bronco owner of future owner. I was apprehensive about going to the one in Vegas. It was so much fun, and now I have so much confidence in this truck and myself. I truely feel like i can go anywhere with this thing. Best money Ford ever spent!

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you think the fees are going to hurt your wallet. Just wait until the wife hits the gift shop section and loads up on hats, tees and sweats.

We did the Sport version of the Off Rodeo in TX. Best fun I've had in years. I did unspeakable things to their Sport on their rally course. We stayed at the Horseshoe, pricey but real nice. The restaurant had excellent food at reasonable prices.

Great folks both at the OffRodeo and the Horseshoe, treated us lowly peasants like royalty.

Sponsored

loewymartin

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We go next week and I can't wait! The Bronco is mine, so my husband will be riding shotgun awaiting his turn to drive :D Give an update once you return!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone fly into Austin, rent a vehicle and try to do it without spending a boatload of cash? If so what did you spend on car rental (or Uber) and hotels?

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm doing it in October, and staying with a friend and using Turo for the car. There were some hotels that were pretty reasonable though. Horseshoe Bay is ridiculous.

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone fly into Austin, rent a vehicle and try to do it without spending a boatload of cash? If so what did you spend on car rental (or Uber) and hotels?
Itā€™s to far to UBER from the Austin airport, rent a car. If you donā€™t stay at Horseshoe Bay, youā€™ll only spend an arm. That is, unless you have to have the YETI Bronco Off Roadeo Cooler @ close to $400ā€¦..

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s to far to UBER from the Austin airport, rent a car. If you donā€™t stay at Horseshoe Bay, youā€™ll only spend an arm. That is, unless you have to have the YETI Bronco Off Roadeo Cooler @ close to $400ā€¦..
Thank you

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just attended the Austin event this last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Every turn during the day added to the challenge and had me wondering how anyone could go out there and see a 'trail' for a group of newbies to be taking. By the end of the day I was wanting for more, and now planning to change my order from OB/Sas to Wildtrak just so I can get the HOSS 3.0 and more ability for some higher speed trails. Having said that, it was also highly impressive how every model (even non-SAS) made it through each challenge...some easier than others.

This event also relit my plans to spend more time getting out on the trails and hiking/camping. Grew up Army brat and miss those days like when my dad would take me out in the mountains.

Also...for the 'guests' I would highly recommend bringing no more than one as either you will be swapping drivers frequently or someone is going to spend the day as a passenger and just watching. To me it's only worth it for them if they get to drive some as well. My buddy went with me as my wife wasn't interested in the 'Boys Playday" but I showed her there were just as many female owners attending as males. I'm thinking I'll bribe her into going with me to the Vegas/Nevada location next year as she loves those Vegas trips (assuming we can go multiple times).

Now I just have to stay patient but realize that I've ordered a version that probably will be last in line: Wildtrak, HOSS 3, Hardtop, Modular Bumper, Lux...just no tow pkg.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Airbnb is the best route. We stayed in a 2000sqft house across the street from the Resort Hotel and paid less than 1/2 that of the hotel.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

When we went, there were a couple of wives who had never been offroading and by the end of the day they were born again hard core. You just might awaken a new passion! I wish I could talk my wife into going. Oh well I have 2 boys that will go again (planning our second one this Spring)
Sponsored