Sponsored

Donation for lawsuit against unscrupulous dealer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thankfully someone who already received my Bronco, but I have the following thoughts regarding the above MSRP issue. As far as I'm concerned, all of the speculation about what legal recourse is available to someone who is being surprised with ADM is just that, speculation. Up until someone actually files a lawsuit, or tries to take a dealer to court regarding ADM, we don't actually know what will happen.

Labor Laws are broken every day in this country, and people are fired without cause every day in this country, and every day a more powerful entity will take advantage and leverage a lower power entity. It happens every day even though it's illegal. The reason why is that most people see what they would be up against, and simply decide not to fight, and instead put their tale between their legs and go find a job where they are wanted or valued, or to stay quiet because they are being exploited.

But every now and then, someone says FUCK YOU, I'll see you in court, and sometimes those courts actually side with the little guy. Even better if you get a jury of peers to listen to situations where they can picture themselves in the plaintiffs shoes.

I am right now willing to start a donation fund with someone who had been screwed by an ADM and would be willing to take a dealer to court. If we all on this site contributed just $5 to a gofundme, we could at least make sure someone got to stick it to a dealer at least openly in court without having the worry of being out of pocket for it, just time.

I know everyone says the MSRP is just suggested pricing, but when you bring into the mix Ford creating a reservation system, and then the ordering system in how they did it, the common person going through the process would absolutely have no expectation of an ADM if you had never gone through this process before. Maybe I'm lucky in Mass. with some reasonable consumer protection laws, but this quasi signing a contract, or placing an order and never knowing what the price is that you will pay is somewhat of a red flag, as most states must have consumer protections in place to not allow situations where predatory selling can take place. I mean the buyer might have to go to a bank, to secure a loan, and that loan is based on the collateral of a cars price or actual value, not perceived value by a very small subset.

I don't remember hearing about any of these issues with the corvette ordering process, does anyone else (I honestly don't know) ? Is it that if there was going to be an ADM, the dealer was actually responsible and said at time of ordering was what it would be? If that's the case, then it's completely opposite of the BRONCO situation. If people had an opportunity to walk away and go find another dealer, they were never given that opportunity.

I'm bored and writing too much here, but basically if someone wants to legitimately go through the process of making the dealers life as miserable as possible for simply being greedy, I will happily donate to a fund set up for lawyer costs and filing paperwork and would love to simply follow the process. If the judgment was simply a requirement to their business practices and a statement saying they were in the wrong I would be fine with that. That alone will hopefully forever penalize them so much more financially than the measly 5 grand markup was. Any one else with me on this? and who's the willing plaintiff?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.