Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

None of my convertibles ever leaked... other than my Jeep JK.
Funny, that’s my experience too, have a Shelby and a Vette convertible, no problems, my ‘14 JKU leaked every time it rained. Dealer never did get it resolved.
Sponsored

JML

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/LandRover/Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have any experience with water leaking into the interior of the new bronco, similar to how wranglers have an issue when opening their door after rain?
Have owned a 1996 Land Rover Discovery that has leaked for 25 years, I can only hope I am as happy with my Bronco as I have been with the Disco!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the OP was talking about the little shower you get with a Wrangler when you open the door in the rain, the silly rain gutter on the roof ends too far back (can't extend it because of the silly fold down wind shield) and what ever water comes off your roof and runs into that gutter will land on your outside leg. Bronco (and just about any other modern car) doesn't have that gutter, so no stream of water to collect and get you wet.
I don't think OP was talking about a leaking door seal.

I'd like to know why Jeep still puts that silly gutter on their roofs while pretty much no other car has had one of these in a very long time. Is it to attach roof racks the old fashioned way?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the OP was talking about the little shower you get with a Wrangler when you open the door in the rain, the silly rain gutter on the roof ends too far back (can't extend it because of the silly fold down wind shield) and what ever water comes off your roof and runs into that gutter will land on your outside leg. Bronco (and just about any other modern car) doesn't have that gutter, so no stream of water to collect and get you wet.
I don't think OP was talking about a leaking door seal.

I'd like to know why Jeep still puts that silly gutter on their roofs while pretty much no other car has had one of these in a very long time. Is it to attach roof racks the old fashioned way?
Bingo best easiest way to attach roof racks for me its a plus.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
there is no rain gutter on the Bronco roof, so no, you won't get a waterfall messing up your pants. One of the things I was willing to accept but not like on the Wrangler.
So you might get some drops, but no stream of water coming off the gutter that's too short to lead water down the A pillar.
They do sell a kit for the Jeep to extend the gutter to the windshield.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you asking about the hard top or soft top?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone have any experience with water leaking into the interior of the new bronco, similar to how wranglers have an issue when opening their door after rain?
Yes, there are hundreds of reported leaks on the Bronco.

Just see all the leaked photos from the pre-reveal and post-reveal spy photos, there is always a photographer in the right place at the right time to capture them.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny, that’s my experience too, have a Shelby and a Vette convertible, no problems, my ‘14 JKU leaked every time it rained. Dealer never did get it resolved.
Well it depends what Salem you live in, Salem Massachusetts is a much different rain than Salem Oregon, if you're in Salem Oregon it's totally understandable why it leaks. ;) :ROFLMAO:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well since the bronco automatically rolls the window down an inch when you go to open it, I hope it doesn't leak :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, there are hundreds of reported leaks on the Bronco.

Just see all the leaked photos from the pre-reveal and post-reveal spy photos, there is always a photographer in the right place at the right time to capture them.
Yes, Ford attempted to fix those leaks from the pre pro models by removing the Stig. New leaks have appeared elsewhere however.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well it depends what Salem you live in, Salem Massachusetts is a much different rain than Salem Oregon, if you're in Salem Oregon it's totally understandable why it leaks. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Yes, it does rain a bit in Oregon, not like Washington. 😆

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Moderators, can you please move this thread to the area where current Bronco 6th gen owners can give this the proper feedback it deserves?

How else will we know the answer if owners don't speak up?????

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How ironic I was wondering this today myself. With the frameless doors I’m hoping its a little more water tight.
Sponsored