Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This only happens when I have the doors off and then it appears random. I would say close to 8 out of 10 times. I start the bronco, and the parking break is applied. I release it(break pedal and press parking break switch). I have never used the parking break and only turn it off when it randomly gets set.

I do have a dealer visit coming up but was curious if others have come across this.

thanks.
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you sure someone isn't pranking you by pulling the parking BRAKE on when you have it parked?

OP
OP
Gjpe04

Gjpe04

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you sure someone isn't pranking you by pulling the parking BRAKE on when you have it parked?
It is in my garage and my kids and wife would have no idea how to set the parking break.

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the manual:
Note: The electronic parking brake could apply when you power your vehicle on with the selector in park (P).
Note: The electronic parking brake could apply if you shift to park (P) without fully pressing the brake pedal.
Note: The electronic parking brake could apply if you shift to park (P) on a slope.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have noticed that when my doors are off and the Bronco has been in the garage all night, that when I go to start it the brake pedal sinks all the way down and is not as tight as usual. Then it goes right back to normal. Odd, huh.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from not having seat belt fastened When doors off. I had my gym bag in passenger seat and it still did it had to move it to floor. Seatbelts have to be fastened before you start….
Sponsored