Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I saw this before and hope it’s normal, the doors require just a little bit more force to close than people are used to. I assume it’s because the doors are lighter. Same experience for others?
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 4-year-old Jeep is the same way. Compared to other vehicles, you have to slam the door. It took some getting used to, and I still don't slam it hard enough to close probably 1/4 of the time.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe some white lithium grease on the hinges for it to move a bit more freely?

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

maybe some white lithium grease on the hinges for it to move a bit more freely?
With the Jeep, it's the rubber door gaskets and air-tightness of the vehicle that requires a door slam - not the hinges. Can't speak to the Bronco, as I don't have one to slam the doors on yet. 😏

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I saw this before and hope it’s normal, the doors require just a little bit more force to close than people are used to. I assume it’s because the doors are lighter. Same experience for others?
I’d say we have the exact opposite experience. I’ve had to ask my wife and tell my kid to stop slamming the doors cause they’re so light. I barely have to pull mine shut.
I’m not sure why you would have a different experience.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

only driven a soft-top, but i didn't notice any difference in force required to close.

If you have a hardtop, maybe it's experiment time for you on the rest of our behalves:

Open two doors, close one, then the other and note whether the second door is harder to close than the first.

If the last door to close is harder, it's just pressure differential because the interior is pretty well sealed.

I would imagine this wont matter on a soft-top because the extra give of the top allows the air a place to push

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a hardtop, maybe it's experiment time for you on the rest of our behalves:

Open two doors, close one, then the other and note whether the second door is harder to close than the first.

If the last door to close is harder, it's just pressure differential because the interior is pretty well sealed.
Ah, interesting about the air pressure in the cabin. Maybe so. Yes, it’s a hard top (MIC 2.0).

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope this isn't true. Driving a temp Jeep until mine comes and it's absolutely the worst having to slam the doors at night or in the morning.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The back doors on the 4D are tricky for the kids. Too hard and they slam and too soft they give the dash warning. They aren't temperamental mind you, just have to create that muscle memory for the sweet spot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this isn't true. Driving a temp Jeep until mine comes and it's absolutely the worst having to slam the doors at night or in the morning.
…and don’t get me wrong, it’s not a slam, but just a little more force than normal.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the scale door close effort between a smart car and the 1974 2 door Cutlass Supreme where would you say they fall ?

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Way easier than a Jeep. Had to slam the Jeep. But the Bronco tailgate takes a little umphhh

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the scale door close effort between a smart car and the 1974 2 door Cutlass Supreme where would you say they fall ?
You know, all this talk about closing doors reminds me of all the stupid luxuries you get spoiled by then forget all about. The car I just sold had soft close doors, and it was so nice to never have to worry about closing the door "hard enough". Just get the door close and the car pulls it in.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd, because I have people who check out my Bronco commenting on how heavy/solid the doors feel when they close.
Sponsored