Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

in many states (including mine) leaving your vehicle running to run in and grab some coffee is illegal, for emissions and insurance lobbying reasons.
It some parts of my town if you jump out, and leave it running, you'll never have to worry about those two honks again. Your Bronco will be so far away Superman wouldn't be able to hear them. :)

BTW, I do understand how aggravating that can be. My GM plastic car, and the wife's Mustang do the same beeping crap. If it wasn't for the mindless that can't remember to turn their vehicles off, we wouldn't have that wonderful feature on our rides.
Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It some parts of my town if you jump out, and leave it running, you'll never have to worry about those two honks again. Your Bronco will be so far away Superman wouldn't be able to hear them. :)
This. Where I grew up, if it isn’t nailed down or secured, will be taken.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the double honk and it has the ability to offend people that don't realize what it is. I've already had to explain that it wasn't me feeling the need to lock the doors.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in many states (including mine) leaving your vehicle running to run in and grab some coffee is illegal, for emissions and insurance lobbying reasons.
And not too smart either. Thieves scope out 7-Elevens specifically for that purpose.

OP
OP
dan79

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some of you aren’t getting the issue lol I lock my bronco and it’s not illegal here and probably not in any area that gets cold!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
dan79

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And not too smart either. Thieves scope out 7-Elevens specifically for that purpose.
Any car could be stolen in seconds. I’ll take the chance I live in a super safe area. I would rather come back to a nice warm car

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just gonna leave the Fob key in the council and never touch it again lol
That’s how vehicles near me tend to get stolen lately.

OP
OP
dan79

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know what is funny my 08 f250 I have had since 07 has never had the keys out most I have ever done is pulled them out of the ignition and put them under the drivers seat lol never been an issue

shah

Badlands
First Name
Shah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 STi Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know how you discourage a thief taking your running rig? Just leave the kids belted in, aint nobody want to deal with kiddos. just kidding. I dont even want to leave it running for long periods of time, Im talking like I pull out of the garage and have to run in to get the37538964th thing my kids forgot, or a water bottle, or hell just to open the passenger door for my wife an--HONK HONK christ almighty it gets me every god damn time. I know loads of people have said this can be dealt with via Forscan, but can I do with with my plain jane OBD2 scanner too?

GORD

Black Diamond
First Name
GORD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i have never seen a car drive away from the key like that
Happened to me-wife's Jeep GC, she drove to store Fob in purse got out, I drove off but before I stopped it occurred to me she had Fob (so I didn't shut it off) Whew.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol,love it. Emissions. Yeah thats making a dent in world emissions. Yeah i know thread is a year old. Insurance I can go with but emissions? Lol,come on

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the never ending seatbelt chime. I’m not belting in backing up to a trailer.
Ford provides instructions for turning off the seatbelt minder chime in the Owners manual. The instructions are the same for a Ford truck and the Bronco. Here are the instructions from my Lightning which I used on both my Lightning and my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Double honk gone!!! D4D80049-1E1A-481F-95B5-CCA404C3759E
Sponsored