patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone done this for a Bronco? I see I have a tad over 100,000k points in my FordPass Account - can't find the math of how much $$ this might be towards a new vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each point =.005 dollars.
Cool! I've got 101,731 points, so that equals $508.65!

I got the Ford Visa a while back and was putting all daily purchases on it for a while.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool! I've got 101,731 points, so that equals $508.65!

I got the Ford Visa a while back and was putting all daily purchases on it for a while.
That is pretty awful redemption value not going to lie.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is pretty awful redemption value not going to lie.
Yeah it’s a joke really. I was going to do the same as the OP but after finding out what little they’re worth I opted to put down $9,900 to avoid the feds from asking more questions hitting that 10k mark

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah it’s a joke really. I was going to do the same as the OP but after finding out what little they’re worth I opted to put down $9,900 to avoid the feds from asking more questions hitting that 10k mark
The Feds aren't going to care, I wrote a check for mine $37,000. Its not like walking into a bank and getting $10,000 cash. That said, if you are a CIS White Male you will be on their radar!

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Feds aren't going to care, I wrote a check for mine $37,000. Its not like walking into a bank and getting $10,000 cash.
Exactly. And trying to evade reporting by dipping really close ($9900) is known as "structuring", which is a crime if the intent is to evade reporting transactions. But buying a new car at dealership for cash is not setting off any federal alarms.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. And trying to evade reporting by dipping really close ($9900) is known as "structuring", which is a crime if the intent is to evade reporting transactions. But buying a new car at dealership for cash is not setting off any federal alarms.
Well its always a matter scale with these things. If you bought 12 broncos cash you probably trigger an audit lol.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on what you mean when you say buying for cash . . . paying outright via check/xfer vs finance, absolutely not a problem. Pay the dealer with a suitcase of ca$h and it *might* trigger a review. Any cash transaction of $10K or more requires that a form be filed with the IRS (for anything, not just cars). If everything is normal (as in the buyer isn't doing this with regularity like someone attempting to launder money might do) it will typically just flow through fine. If the IRS detects a pattern around either the seller or buyer (or both) doing this enough to warrant attention then additional "stuff" happens.

As patientB notes the "structuring" aspect could trigger scrutiny if the buyer maybe tried to hide the money movement by breaking it up into smaller sub-$10K amounts - so don't do that!

So for the typical casual buyer there's really no issue.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got 22,000 points. It's good for maybe a couple oil changes

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used what points I had to cover the extended warranty, and swapping out my mud terrains for LT's Bridgestone Duelers
Sponsored