Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll keep holding onto my child-like dream that GM will eventually put a manual transmission in the C8... *sigh*
Sponsored

OP
OP
ByeByeJeep

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll keep holding onto my child-like dream that GM will eventually put a manual transmission in the C8... *sigh*
I’m an avid manual trans enthusiast and I actually feel like it would be a step back on the C8, considering just how good the automated manual is in it. It truly is that good. It literally rips through the gears and even sounds like a manual engaging in first gear

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m an avid manual trans enthusiast and I actually feel like it would be a step back on the C8, considering just how good the automated manual is in it. It truly is that good. It literally rips through the gears and even sounds like a manual engaging in first gear
Step back for performance, sure. For driving enjoyment? I'm unconvinced :)

Call me a dinosaur, but I will only own proper manuals until I no longer have a choice (let's face it, nobody is likely going to make an EV sports car with a manual)

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a C6 Z06 and a C7 Z06. Amazing cars. But the markup on the new C8 Z06 is ridiculous.
We have one (Z06) ordered at MSRP but probably will not see it since the Z06 are only 10% of the total build.
Stingray Chevrolet in Florida sells Corvettes at MSRP.
Lou

Sponsored

Sponsored

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful cars. Both the C8 and love the Split C3. My past 2 toys. Both had to go due to left leg problems. I'll only drive manual sport cars. Can still ride my Harley :)
Ford Bronco Dream Garage complete! Gina1.JPG
Ford Bronco Dream Garage complete! IMG_2528

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a C6 Z06 and a C7 Z06. Amazing cars. But the markup on the new C8 Z06 is ridiculous.
C8 is under powered as shit after 60. Only good off the line. C7 Z06 is where it at for daily shenanigans.

But for sound, the c8 in track mode while in auto sounds better than a Ferrari ripping through gears. That part they killed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ByeByeJeep

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
C8 is under powered as shit after 60. Only good off the line. C7 Z06 is where it at for daily shenanigans.

But for sound, the c8 in track mode while in auto sounds better than a Ferrari ripping through gears. That part they killed.
As an owner of a C8, I will debunk the claim that it’s slow as Shit after 60, and it absolutely does not sound better than a Ferrari ripping though gears.
It pulls pretty hard well past a 1/4 mile finish line, but that’s where a Supercherged V8 will likely start dominance. But slow as shit? Hardly… And that’s coming from a guy that’s had two Z06s, a Hellcat and many others that still just don’t provide the satisfaction the C8 gives me. The same holds true for the Bronco. No other daily driver gives me what I want from a daily driver like it does.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an owner of a C8, I will debunk the claim that it’s slow as Shit after 60, and it absolutely does not sound better than a Ferrari ripping though gears.
It pulls pretty hard well past a 1/4 mile finish line, but that’s where a Supercherged V8 will likely start dominance. But slow as shit? Hardly… And that’s coming from a guy that’s had two Z06s, a Hellcat and many others that still just don’t provide the satisfaction the C8 gives me. The same holds true for the Bronco. No other daily driver gives me what I want from a daily driver like it does.
Currently have a c8 z51, c7 z06 and zr1, then a ct6 v. They go to the track all the time, and not that 1/4 mile bs. C8 is the slowest of all 4. It’s a great car. But if your looking for tire shredding hp and insane triple digit pulls, that’s not the current c8. Those insta shifts do sound like a Ferrari. You must not be doing it right. We had a couple of those too. Vettes a way better machine imo.

When the c8 z06 gets here I’m excited that it may be the best vette to date with that na 5.5 putting out 670. My biggest gripe is the current c8 is 200 hp short. That na flat plane response is perfect though, just under powered. My favorite engine to date.

OP
OP
ByeByeJeep

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Currently have a c8 z51, c7 z06 and zr1, then a ct6 v. They go to the track all the time, and not that 1/4 mile bs. C8 is the slowest of all 4. It’s a great car. But if your looking for tire shredding hp and insane triple digit pulls, that’s not the current c8. Those insta shifts do sound like a Ferrari. You must not be doing it right. We had a couple of those too. Vettes a way better machine imo.

When the c8 z06 gets here I’m excited that it may be the best vette to date with that na 5.5 putting out 670. My biggest gripe is the current c8 is 200 hp short. That na flat plane response is perfect though, just under powered. My favorite engine to date.
Slow is definitely a personal seat of the pants statement.

as for the sound, I’ll say it’s wicked noises between shifts is top notch, but when it comes to engine sound. Nah! Ferrari all day. I haven’t experienced the new Z06, but I’m sure that’ll be epic all around and likely answers your call for more higher speed power.
Sponsored