First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took a car to Carmax to get a quote and the vehicle had a crack in the airbag cover. They offered less than 50% of what the dealer offered on a trade in because of the crack.

Get it replaced before the warranty runs out, it could cost you thousands after.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't noticed a crack on the steering wheel (yet), but the airbag cover on my driver's A pillar has popped one corner.

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine in on Thursday and the dealer took a quick look, took a picture, and wrote it up for warranty replacement (without any hesitation). The fix is to remove and replace the entire steering wheel airbag & cover. It apparently is one unit.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All good here but my Bronco is just 2 months old. The Ranger's shifter boot is known to crack (I have a Ranger too). So on both, I put 303 Protectant on them monthly (or more)....hope to keep it soft and conditioned and avoid this issue.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could swear I saw a thread about this but I can't find it now. Or maybe it was on Zuckbook. At any rate I've seen a picture of an airbag cover cracked completely open around the horse. I noticed today mine is starting to split.

20220328_191919.jpg

Edit: Found it, a post by @Paul Gagnon in a cracked mirror thread. @MN_OuterBanks
also reported the issue.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/driver-side-mirror-cracked-no-contact.34217/post-1139195
I've got the same thing happening to mine. I mentioned to service when I was in last...they said it looked like a scratch! I said, a scratch removed material leaving a mark, this looks convex until it opens up.
Mine is more on the side slowly moving in two directions...

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. I remember that thread on here in like December or so. It was due to sub freezing temperatures I recall in that case.
Mine was fine last winter, started splitting this summer.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the same thing happening to mine. I mentioned to service when I was in last...they said it looked like a scratch! I said, a scratch removed material leaving a mark, this looks convex until it opens up.
Mine is more on the side slowly moving in two directions...
Good luck on the fight. I'm not sure what to expect when I finally take it in. Probably try in November, I have a part on backorder that I'll be picking up. I go to great lengths to limit dealer visits.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck on the fight. I'm not sure what to expect when I finally take it in. Probably try in November, I have a part on backorder that I'll be picking up. I go to great lengths to limit dealer visits.
You and me both...can't stand dealing with the dealer for service, they did more damaged to my FoST than I ever did, but I tolerate them for MSRP! lol
It's a good thing my Bronco has been trouble free for the most part, best new car I've ever owned that way!

Bran57

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting mine replaced as it’s doing the same. Just have to wait for the part to come in. The dealer sent photos to Ford and they approved the replacement so definitely escalate it with Ford directly if the dealer isn’t helping you out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.