David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have seen too many posts like this. I look at my top every time I walk by my Bronco, hoping for the best. Everyone with this issue please be vocal and visible. Ford needs to know the scope of the problem… if they don’t handle it well, they need to feel the sting of negative publicity.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bronco wildtrak has less than 4k on it and the hard top is already starting to ripple and it’s not even been taken off yet or off road! Has anyone else had this problem?

Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! IMG_2590

Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! IMG_2590
Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! KirkWebasto_v01

Sponsored
OP
OP
BRONCOlez

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Lincoln Nautilus, Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have seen too many posts like this. I look at my top every time I walk by my Bronco, hoping for the best. Everyone with this issue please be vocal and visible. Ford needs to know the scope of the problem… if they don’t handle it well, they need to feel the sting of negative publicity.
Oh I’m going to.. trust me. For $70,000 I shouldn’t have any problems this soon! Where are the best places to voice the issue at? I look over here everyday so this just happened all at once. And now the other side is starting by my window. This thing is supposed to be meant to take off road. It should be able to be jarred around and everything without cracking. Let alone just driving around town for errands! When I asked the place I bought it at about it he said….

IMG_2595.png

dametime

Black Diamond
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco wildtrak has less than 4k on it and the hard top is already starting to ripple and it’s not even been taken off yet or off road! Has anyone else had this problem?

Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! IMG_2595

‘built tough’ 🤭

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My guess is that it's a weather, sun, etc... issue as opposed to vibration. But, that's a guess. Take it to the dealer and, if they are reasonable, this should be a non-issue to replace (now that everyone else has had to fight for it 🤣).

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wow, that one is really bad.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
hardtoplawsuit.com ??

I think we're getting these threads weekly now.

I didn't want to spread disinformation, so I just double checked. I got my 50 gallon Waste Management garbage can in 2007.

I'm certain the driver loves using that robotic arm to beat the sh*t out of my can. Other than the hole on the top from a squirrel, not a crack on it and the lid hinge is perfect.

I vote moving the tops production to whoever is making those cans. Even a lightweight summer top from them would work.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they corrected this issue with the new run of tops? Glad I bought that extended warranty.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be cruel but I’ve had my Bronco over 2 years and I still think often how thankful I am that I removed the hard top option in time.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I’m going to.. trust me. For $70,000 I shouldn’t have any problems this soon! Where are the best places to voice the issue at? I look over here everyday so this just happened all at once. And now the other side is starting by my window. This thing is supposed to be meant to take off road. It should be able to be jarred around and everything without cracking. Let alone just driving around town for errands! When I asked the place I bought it at about it he said….

Maybe I missed something. It says Jimmy Fairwsy Ford told you to take it to a Ford dealer. Guess he ain't gonna do shit for 'ya. :(

In all honesty Ford did send out a memo about the cracking hardtops so the dealer SHOULD take care of it for you. We all know how that goes sometimes. :cautious:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to be cruel but I’ve had my Bronco over 2 years and I still think often how thankful I am that I removed the hard top option in time.

Too bad there wasn't that option for us 2DR buyers. :(

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought they corrected this issue with the new run of tops? Glad I bought that extended warranty.
None of the Ford extended warranties cover the hard top.
Sponsored