Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude not sure what your smoking but the top has only been in production for 2-3 years.

Also I'm guessing that is more or less like 2.7L engine failure thing-less than 1% of Broncos where affected by it. It might be slightly more than that, but bad top threads are just like EV threads around here-they bring out the worst in people and become lightning rods that people just pile on to. It boils down to that there are some manufacturing failures and they slip through-and it is covered by the warranty going by the post above.
I was counting model years in production. 21, 22, 23, and now 24. If there were any significant changes to the design or manufacture of the top, we would know about it here. I don't think I've seen any top in person that didn't have some defect, even if just small scaling / snake skin. The hard top is a significant issue, and Ford doesn't seem to be taking the issue seriously. Hell, we still haven't gotten the black painted mod top that Ford stated would be offered in 2020!
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was counting model years in production. 21, 22, 23, and now 24. If there were any significant changes to the design or manufacture of the top, we would know about it here. I don't think I've seen any top in person that didn't have some defect, even if just small scaling / snake skin. The hard top is a significant issue, and Ford doesn't seem to be taking the issue seriously. Hell, we still haven't gotten the black painted mod top that Ford stated would be offered in 2020!
The 2024 AFAIK haven't even started production yet and the 21MY was only like 8 months long.

Hard tops didn't actually get started building till May of 2021-which was almost 2 1/2 years ago and the newer tool tops didn't start till August/September 2021 or so.

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know some people don't like them, but I ALWAYS get a Zurich Extended Warranty with my new vehicle purchases. There have been many cases where they covered things the Ford Extended did not.

Yep, this looks like it covers the top:
Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! 1693584964316

OP
OP
BRONCOlez

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Lincoln Nautilus, Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spoke to my local dealer like the place I got it told me to and they don’t know if they’re going to fix it. They took a couple pictures and They said they’ll ask ford but the last person that came in.. they basically said it was of some fault of theirs. So now I am just waiting to hear from ford.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take your phone flashlight to your hard top (all panels) in the dark and you will see all the defects, snakeskin, and hairline cracks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BRONCOlez

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll have to check it out!! I have a feeling ford will just say that’s normal or it’s not covered… ooo or even my favorite… it must’ve been something I did! I’ll keep you in the loop when I find out!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll have to check it out!! I have a feeling ford will just say that’s normal or it’s not covered… ooo or even my favorite… it must’ve been something I did! I’ll keep you in the loop when I find out!
There is a guide posted on here on what is a defect and can be warrantied (@flip). Can't seem to find it at the moment but yours should qualify.

* Found one. Yours is like the very last picture and clearly says warrantable! If the dealer gives you crap, show them this which is a Ford document.

Bronco - Roof Concern Analysis

Last edited:

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bronco wildtrak has less than 4k on it and the hard top is already starting to ripple and it’s not even been taken off yet or off road! Has anyone else had this problem?

71518160367__FBD290B8-789A-434E-BAB8-2B5ACD1DE602.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg
That will be covered by warranty, no problem. If you get any pushback from the dealer, contact Ford.

OP
OP
BRONCOlez

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My phone isn’t playing nice and I keep losing the link to the coverage/ warranties for the top where you found this

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take your phone flashlight to your hard top (all panels) in the dark and you will see all the defects, snakeskin, and hairline cracks.
The truth will shine! Ford just needs to put more effort in.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I’m going to.. trust me. For $70,000 I shouldn’t have any problems this soon! Where are the best places to voice the issue at? I look over here everyday so this just happened all at once. And now the other side is starting by my window. This thing is supposed to be meant to take off road. It should be able to be jarred around and everything without cracking. Let alone just driving around town for errands! When I asked the place I bought it at about it he said….

Ford Bronco Hard top rippled / cracking! 1693584964316
“Take it to the Ford dealer and they will submit a warranty claim” - famous last words. 🤣

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was getting gas, and noticed I got my invitation to the club.

Screenshot_2023-10-16-00-10-41-74_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Sponsored