First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man! My bronco is scheduled to be built next week so I’ve been more active on here. And I gotta say I’m nervous to spend 60k on the wildtrak with issues I’ve been seeing. I feel like this is bound to happen to all the hard tops eventually
Sponsored

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man! My bronco is scheduled to be built next week so I’ve been more active on here. And I gotta say I’m nervous to spend 60k on the wildtrak with issues I’ve been seeing. I feel like this is bound to happen to all the hard tops eventually
Hopefully you have better luck with yours! It is an awesome car aside from that.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good thing they don't know I ceramic coated it 🤫
It's a long standing joke from when MIC 1.0 was falling apart.

I can't imagine ceramic coating ceramic coating being the cause (it's not) but leave it to Ford to try and make that claim though.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't be. The tops are an issue. The rest of the stuff is QC and not happening to most broncos.

I did sell my base and am ordering a Badlands in MY23 - I had many gripes about the quality of my bronco but only the soft top issues (ripped seams in many spots) were things that would really bug me long term.

Wouldn't be ordering a new one if I felt the quality was THAT bad.

Now,...Ford's warranty, service ,and dealership network are an entirely different topic....

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't be. The tops are an issue. The rest of the stuff is QC and not happening to most broncos.

I did sell my base and am ordering a Badlands in MY23 - I had many gripes about the quality of my bronco but only the soft top issues (ripped seams in many spots) were things that would really bug me long term.

Wouldn't be ordering a new one if I felt the quality was THAT bad.

Now,...Ford's warranty, service ,and dealership network are an entirely different topic....
The gripes you had were just small things? Like things you could come up with for any vehicle?

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gripes you had were just small things? Like things you could come up with for any vehicle?
For the most part - yes. I had some wavy doors (not as bad as others) and seams (not welds) on the frame have a crazy amount of air bubbles and flaking of the paint/rust pro. I wouldn't accept it for say - a mustang - but I am fine with it on my Bronco where the dirt and mud will cover any surface rust.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the most part - yes. I had some wavy doors (not as bad as others) and seams (not welds) on the frame have a crazy amount of air bubbles and flaking of the paint/rust pro. I wouldn't accept it for say - a mustang - but I am fine with it on my Bronco where the dirt and mud will cover any surface rust.
Would you consider that Bronco frame seam situation mainly cosmetic? When Jeep first introduced the new JL version, the first year had some issues with frame welds, and I recall some customers got their JL's replaced due to that.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought I had a good top till I started realizing my MIC 2.0 is also cracking on both driver & passenger window corners. 3 hairline cracks. Nothing like what OP and others have posted, but still noticeable. January 2022 build :rolleyes:.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top 2.0 Cracking IMG_5707

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in NY, but it hasn't been too cold here yet. If it had been colder I'd say so, but I don't think it's been cold enough yet for it to be that.
We've had a good couple of days below freezing and nights that dropped into the high teens so I would say it's been cold enough to cause it. Unless you are out on the island where maybe it didn't get as cold as some parts of NY.

I better keep an eye out on mine; October delivery.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Temperature/freezing has absolutely nothing to do with this cracking. They are all cracked here in South texas where it doesn’t freeze. My buddies came off the truck this summer with the hairline cracks.

Sponsored

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As others have stated on this forum, the hard top is sort of low quality. I'll check it before I vinyl wrap it, not that it will make a difference.
Didn’t know you could wrap the MIC hard tops. Interested to see how yours turns out! What color are you wrapping it? What kind of prep work is going to be required?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn’t know you could wrap the MIC hard tops. Interested to see how yours turns out! What color are you wrapping it? What kind of prep work is going to be required?
Same question @Mikey D

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
We've had a good couple of days below freezing and nights that dropped into the high teens so I would say it's been cold enough to cause it. Unless you are out on the island where maybe it didn't get as cold as some parts of NY.

I better keep an eye out on mine; October delivery.
Yeah, I'm on the island so we didn't get quite as cold as you guys. Either way, shouldn't be happening on a brand new car.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought I had a good top till I started realizing my MIC 2.0 is also cracking on both driver & passenger window corners. 3 hairline cracks. Nothing like what OP and others have posted, but still noticeable. January 2022 build :rolleyes:.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top 2.0 Cracking IMG_5707
Geez man, sorry to hear that. Make sure you go take it to the dealer ASAP. Strength in numbers, right?

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The frigid MT weather has tested the hard top, with the top starting to fail. Ill have to ride it out this winter and hope that warranty will cover it
Sponsored