First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got mine back after 7 days. I guess it takes a while to glue in a headliner and glue the windows back in to the new top. I have had 2 warranty issues but Ford stepped up and to care of them without any hassle.
Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From posts here in B6g a large %, maybe majority will never remove the MIC top - including me
Yep. I think the reality is the mass majority probably never remove their tops doors or if they do the % of time used is so small.

I think Ford is missing a big segment with not offering the fixed model...would solve the mass majority of their durability issues.

I'm starting to see a lot more Sports on the road than I've seen before. Talked to a few owners and they all love their sports. Saw one that had a lift on it the other day (don't think it was a Badlands because it was debadged) but it looked pretty decent.

Saw this one online and though it looked pretty decent in stance.

2141_p4_l.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
After reading this thread I went out to look at mine. That’s the driver’s side also.
Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty 2141_p4_l
Hopefully you are also able to get yours replaced with no issue.

OP
OP

atthewmay

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going in for the TSB on the 5th/6th synchro's...now this, on top of my map lights/window & mirror controllers being dead (after TSB on A-pillar). Love Ford quality ;)

Built Ford Rough!

JForce

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for brining this to members attention. I had no idea cracking was a potential issue with the tops.

I just took a really close look at my top and found a few cracks. @Ford Motor Company any help you can provide would be appreciated
Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty 0ED556C0-E8FF-4B35-9DC8-DC3DD6351B13

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty 9CD15535-6970-4152-80B5-0AA79E537229

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for brining this to members attention. I had no idea cracking was a potential issue with the tops.

I just took a really close look at my top and found a few cracks. @Ford Motor Company any help you can provide would be appreciated
Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty 9CD15535-6970-4152-80B5-0AA79E537229

These cracking tops are BS. My biggest concern with this great machine. Ford needs to stand by every one of them with an extended full replacement warranty.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s terrible to see these tops cracking. You’d think they would have it redesigned by now. My 4 door was build June/22 and it’s got 6500 miles on it now and no cracks. Here’s its tag. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it.

4E64F49E-B8E8-43B0-9910-B82D45F44965.jpg

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s terrible to see these tops cracking. You’d think they would have it redesigned by now. My 4 door was build June/22 and it’s got 6500 miles on it now and no cracks. Here’s its tag. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it.

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty 4E64F49E-B8E8-43B0-9910-B82D45F44965
Mine was built in June 2022 as well. So far so good. I treat the top with 303 protectant. This top is my biggest concern with the Bronco. Will it hold up beyond warranty? 5 years?, 10?, 20? I plan to keep it till I'm dead.....will be pissed if this happens.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was built in June 2022 as well. So far so good. I treat the top with 303 protectant. This top is my biggest concern with the Bronco. Will it hold up beyond warranty? 5 years?, 10?, 20? I plan to keep it till I'm dead.....will be pissed if this happens.
I understand your concern and I’ve been following this MIC for a long time and to be honest today was the very first time I looked at mine. I always find that worrying about things that may never happen is just a total waste of time. If it happens I’ll deal with it then. This time last year anyone who had a 2.7 in their Bronco couldn’t sleep because they were worried about a valve dropping.
let’s just enjoy our Bronco’s 👍

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand your concern and I’ve been following this MIC for a long time and to be honest today was the very first time I looked at mine. I always find that worrying about things that may never happen is just a total waste of time. If it happens I’ll deal with it then. This time last year anyone who had a 2.7 in their Bronco couldn’t sleep because they were worried about a valve dropping.
let’s just enjoy our Bronco’s 👍
Agreed!(y):giggle:

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad they replaced it for you!! Some of us not so lucky. 😭 I’m really curious how they pick n choose which tops they’ll replace? 🤔 especially since they’re all VERY similar/identical issues. Hoping to one day get mine replaced 🤞

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my 2 door BL in for its first service today. Pointed out the single hairline crack near the 1/4 glass and they ordered a new top. It’s back ordered but at least they are standing up for it. Hopefully the new one is improved.

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found a fix for my hard tops cracking. My second one lasted 3 weeks before it started cracking. I'm not saying the Bronco isn't kick ass because it is. I loved mine but the hard top issue isn't a small one. Ford did not address the issue. Yes they are replacing them but this is year 2 with the same problem. If Ford said anything about a long term fix, a new design, or a longer warranty for the tops. I would have kept it. But what happens after 36K miles. I didn't want to deal with it. I'm out and that will be my last Ford. I hope everyone else has better luck. @Ford Motor Company

tacoma.jpg

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found a fix for my hard tops cracking. My second one lasted 3 weeks before it started cracking. I'm not saying the Bronco isn't kick ass because it is. I loved mine but the hard top issue isn't a small one. Ford did not address the issue. Yes they are replacing them but this is year 2 with the same problem. If Ford said anything about a long term fix, a new design, or a longer warranty for the tops. I would have kept it. But what happens after 36K miles. I didn't want to deal with it. I'm out and that will be my last Ford. I hope everyone else has better luck. @Ford Motor Company

Ford Bronco Update: Cracking 2.0 MIC Hard Top Replaced Under Warranty tacoma
Sorry that all happened to your Bronco and sorry to see you go. But, I understand. @Ford Motor Company needs to address this issue, come up with a new design and replace any top, by extended lifetime warranty to the original buyer. It would be really NICE if FORD would publicly address this issue. Why the cracks are occurring and their plan to correct the issue. Take care Sir.
Sponsored