First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was reading yesterday a recent thread about top cracking and I go out today to inspect my top and find hair line cracks on both sides at back edge of each side window. I have an appt on the 13th at the dealer for something else. I guess I'll be bringing this up now. Both sides are very fine but visible up close cracking, passenger side is very fine cracking.

IMG_20230106_152815.jpg

IMG_20230106_152847.jpg

IMG_20230106_152955.jpg
Well after washing my '23 2dr BL that was built in April I noticed the same thing at the rear lower corners of the side window :( I did not think to look for the Mic top sticker that has the build date. I will check that this afternoon. Right now I'm not overly concerned because I have plenty of warranty time left but will get to my dealer sometime next week to see what they say . It only has 4k miles and spends most of its time inside the garage. Any advice on whether I should file a claim or wait and see if Ford eventually figures this Mic top fiasco out before I have it replaced ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well after washing my '23 2dr BL that was built in April I noticed the same thing at the rear lower corners of the side window :( I did not think to look for the Mic top sticker that has the build date. I will check that this afternoon. Right now I'm not overly concerned because I have plenty of warranty time left but will get to my dealer sometime next week to see what they say . It only has 4k miles and spends most of its time inside the garage. Any advice on whether I should file a claim or wait and see if Ford eventually figures this Mic top fiasco out before I have it replaced ?
I doubt Ford engineering/development has done anything about this issue. It is almost always a issue on the 2dr models. 4dr models has a smaller side window panel than the 2dr, which in my opinion adds strength at the lower trim of the hardtop. I am on my 3rd top and I already have 2 cracks, a spider crack on the passenger side rear corner and a single crack on the lower corner of the driver side. It is very disappointing to say the least. I will request another top (4th) in the spring when temps are higher. I've never had an issue with requesting a replacement top. My service tech gets it done same day within minutes of him taking pictures and submitting the claim.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I doubt Ford engineering/development has done anything about this issue. It is almost always a issue on the 2dr models. 4dr models has a smaller side window panel than the 2dr, which in my opinion adds strength at the lower trim of the hardtop. I am on my 3rd top and I already have 2 cracks, a spider crack on the passenger side rear corner and a single crack on the lower corner of the driver side. It is very disappointing to say the least. I will request another top (4th) in the spring when temps are higher. I've never had an issue with requesting a replacement top. My service tech gets it done same day within minutes of him taking pictures and submitting the claim.
Same here. So far no cracks on my 4th top. Just delamination again. Going to wait as well to see what else happens to it mid year. Just shameful of Ford to keep wasting $$$$ on these tops. Just do it right the 1st time IMO!

For the Ford rep to read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delamination

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bummer, but welcome to the club. At this point, I think the only thing we can do is keep taking them in while under warranty and get a new top. That way it gets logged and hopefully makes it's way back to Ford (doubt it).

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well was giving my Raptor a clean up and happened to look at my hardtop.....and it is cracked all along the bottom of both side windows and the back where the rear window meets the hardtop. My Raptor is a 22' and was built in August. I'll have to check and see if I have a sticker on the inside and see what it says......
Guess I have to call the dealer and make an appointment.....it will be a month before they can look at it. They are always backed up.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummer, but welcome to the club. At this point, I think the only thing we can do is keep taking them in while under warranty and get a new top. That way it gets logged and hopefully makes it's way back to Ford (doubt it).
If it costs Ford money, they're aware of it. Only reason they'll take real action is if it's worth doing so $$$

Sponsored

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
update....went to the dealer with the Raptor and they said they couldn't find any tsb relating to the hardtop cracking and they never seen that before. They even tried to tell me that the back part of the hardtop is removed in three pieces. The top pops off and then the sides come off the bronco.......WTH are they smoking?????
Does anyone have the TSB number for the cracking?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

update....went to the dealer with the Raptor and they said they couldn't find any tsb relating to the hardtop cracking and they never seen that before. They even tried to tell me that the back part of the hardtop is removed in three pieces. The top pops off and then the sides come off the bronco.......WTH are they smoking?????
It’s a GSB, not a TSB

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...o-roof-concern-analysis-9-27-23-update.82260/

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, there is no TSB for this issue. But, it is a wide spread issue with the hard tops, more so with the 2dr vs 4dr. All the service advisor has to do is take pictures of the affected area and send the request for replacement. I am on my 3rd replacement top and in another month or so I will be requesting a 4th top as it is already cracked in a few areas. I have had no issue with replacement requests. Within 30-45 mins after arrival for inspection I have my approval from Ford. Usually within 10 days it shows up and service appointment scheduled.

For your comment of them telling you the top comes off in 3 pieces is correct for replacement. 2 side panels and the top panel. Your dealership can request a single piece or whole top minus side windows and rear window. My dealer always submits for full top replacement. Then they swap over my side windows and rear window.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is a 2023 4D Black Diamond non-sas hardtop……….just noticed same hairline cracks under driver and passenger rear side indows on hardtop. Brought to dealer to inspect. They said to keep an eye on it while they investigate with ford. Local dealer has not seen this yet on any others. I guess it’s wait and see…….

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is a 2023 4D Black Diamond non-sas hardtop……….just noticed same hairline cracks under driver and passenger rear side indows on hardtop. Brought to dealer to inspect. They said to keep an eye on it while they investigate with ford. Local dealer has not seen this yet on any others. I guess it’s wait and see…….
I would go back and tell your service tech to file the warranty claim for replacement. There is no need to wait and see. To me that sounds like a way of saying go away, and wait till we call. Which would never happen in most cases.
Sponsored