Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an FYI, Ford has updated the GSB about Bronco roof concerns to include delamination issues.

General Service Bulletin Download[PDF]:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/bronco-roof-concern-analysis-pdf.569300/

Delamination of hard top outer layer (Warrantable)

• Raised patches on the hard top with no distorted grain pattern or discoloration (Figures 16-17)
Figure 16

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Figure 17

Edit: I've also attached the whole GSB just incase anyone wants to see what is and is not warrantable according to Ford.
Sponsored

Attachments

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't get me started on "service bulletins". I had an Escape whose board fried itself. They had a "service bulletin" out there saying hey this thing can fry itself. But not a recall. They knew about it and did NOTHING about it. Cost me $2,400 total. I wonder why I ever bought another Ford after that. Now I'm pissed again.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang. Should've just made a heavier fiberglass or plastic top and been done with it. The honeycomb cardboard thing was a bad idea. "Molded in Color" is sort of a joke, because the outer colored part is paper thin. A deep gouge and it's toast. And evidently it's prone to delaminating.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Again ill say how does this happen, I also have a 21 gladiator and the top is just perfect, glossy color no issues and these broncos still have this issue, glad my 23 2 dr hasn't had it ..yet anyway but seems the technology is out there yet went so wrong for ford somehow

Sponsored

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m going to take mine in and see what they say/do.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_5234

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m going to take mine in and see what they say/do.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_4134

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_4134
Same issue here, Same problem, Since it is my 3rd top replacement can not wait to see the next one.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an FYI, Ford has updated the GSB about Bronco roof concerns to include delamination issues.

General Service Bulletin Download[PDF]:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/bronco-roof-concern-analysis-pdf.569300/

Delamination of hard top outer layer (Warrantable)

• Raised patches on the hard top with no distorted grain pattern or discoloration (Figures 16-17)
Figure 16

Figure 17

Edit: I've also attached the whole GSB just incase anyone wants to see what is and is not warrantable according to Ford.
Let me ask your opinion on something. I have the spider webbing like a mofo all over my top, it's been there since day 1 basically which was a year and a half ago. The bulletin says that is warrantable. What if I have used the below product on it? Would that void the warranty on the top?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me ask your opinion on something. I have the spider webbing like a mofo all over my top, it's been there since day 1 basically which was a year and a half ago. The bulletin says that is warrantable. What if I have used the below product on it? Would that void the warranty on the top?
Unlikely that it would void the warranty. I doubt that stuff is the reason for the cracks and realistically there’s no way to prove otherwise.

If you end up getting it replaced, I would personally stop using that though. Like the GSB says, all you really need/should use is water and a mild soap to clean it.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unlikely that it would void the warranty. I doubt that stuff is the reason for the cracks and realistically there’s no way to prove otherwise.

If you end up getting it replaced, I would personally stop using that though. Like the GSB says, all you really need/should use is water and a mild soap to clean it.
Thank you. I only have been using that stuff on the fender flares and the hood deflector, but I have considered it for the top. For the past year and half I've just washed it with soap and water. I am too afraid to use anything on it.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is why my top lives in the garage all the time. I'm too worried over time the constant exposer to sun will damage them eventually. I'll just stick to weekend ride without the top for as long as possible lol.

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine has always been in a garage and it didn’t keep it from having the issue

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update Screenshot_20230929_210050_Photos
I use a similar product and have no problems.
Sponsored