First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dates @flip posted were "production" dates, not engine manufacturing dates.

Unless I am misreading his post to start this thread. 🤷‍♀️
I think there is some confusion over that
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone with a 2.3 L and this build dates has the issue ?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, not "yet".

Just checked the oil and coolant, and both look fine... so far.

If you had to choose, I would much rather have this problem than a dropped valve.

A dropped valve with strand you.

Coolant in the oil with give you tons of warnings before it completely breaks your vehicle. 🤪

But yes, I have fingers crossed that my engine block is not cracked. 🤞🤞

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dates @flip posted were "production" dates, not engine manufacturing dates.

Unless I am misreading his post to start this thread. 🤷‍♀️
Correct. I don't know how close vehicle build date is to the engine build dates but I should've clarified. Ford probably knows the engine serial numbers of the affected engines but giving themselves some leeway in case some engines had the problem before or after it was caught. Would be nice to know if this was a casting or machining issue just for statistical purposes. They had issues with other engines in the past due to stupid design, just wondered if this is another one of those bad engineering changes or something else.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SSM 51754 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer - 2.3L Engine - Loss Of Coolant With Coolant In Oil - Built On 27-Mar-2023 And Through 18-May-2023
Some 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on 27-Mar-2023 and through 18-May-2023 may experience a loss of coolant with coolant in the oil. This may be caused by a cracked engine block. If this condition is present, replace the engine long block assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01. For claiming use causal part number 6010 and applicable labor operations in Section 06 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Is this a official recall which can be fixed under warranty? Will it show up when you run VIN on ford recall site?

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this a official recall which can be fixed under warranty? Will it show up when you run VIN on ford recall site?
It is not a recall at this point. Just notification to the dealer if one comes in with this concern, Ford is aware of it and to proceed with replacement if testing leads to a cracked block.

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 2.3 L, and my vehicle was delivered in April 2023. I am not sure how to check the engine build date. Also not noticed any issue till now

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the tag!
Was still out sailing when this popped up.

With the 2.3's you should be checking your oil level every month at minimum, weekly would be better.

Fuel dilution into the engine oil is an issue with these motors but it's incredibly easy to catch early and prevent from being a problem. You'll see oil levels rise, which should be a sign to any competent automobile owner that something is definately wrong. Now a select few owners can add coolant to the list of potential oiling issues.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2 birds with 1 stone , pull that bad manual trans and bad 2.3 engine at same time for replacement, go ford go . Is it 1963 or 2023 , hard being a ford loyalist these days
Let's cherry pick a little bit eh?

Don't forget that the average Mazda RX-8 owner would average 1.5 replacement engines in the 36 month factory warranty period.

And the bozo GM who Mitsubishi hired away from Hyundai in 2006 and immediately implemented the 100,000 mile factory warranty. I must have had no less than $30,000 in factory warranty repairs on my Evo 9 before finally voiding every inch of the warranty through modifications.

That manufacturers track every build component, every vin and every instance of these eventual issues is unbelievably difficult, onerous and expensive. That nobody is happy the auto sector can so accurately identify these faults and get free fixes out to owners is quizzical.

But I get it, it's 2023 and vastly easier to label everyone else as an idiot and to be entirely disenfranchised by everything.

Full disclosure: I have a 2.3/MT and so far no issues. Was rock crawling in Moab with it before it hit 1,500 miles! Oops, sorry, nobody is allowed to post if there are vehicles without problems, it doesn't fit the narrative.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just discovered a sizable pool of oil underneath the Bronco yesterday morning. Build date is within the range. Managed to get a whole 740 miles…
So sorry to hear this, mate. Any update?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just discovered a sizable pool of oil underneath the Bronco yesterday morning. Build date is within the range. Managed to get a whole 740 miles…
FordBot will be here soon to ask you for your VIN number and then give you instructions for The Telephone Tech Support Game along with a secret code and no decoder ring.
Sponsored