jas129

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have just been monitoring mine. I still get the smell several times per week, but I haven't had to add any more coolant. I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone else had success in a fix.
Sponsored

Jonny Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BD Sasquatch 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Search on here there is a coolant hose that rubs up on one of the accessory pulleys and caused one guy to spill all of his coolant. All you do is zip tie the coolant hose away from it. It is hard to get to but doable.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got essentially the same build date as you in 2 door BL sas with the 2.7. No coolant issues here. I did have a VW with a dual clutch tranny that had coolant leak - never dripped on ground but kept having to add coolant over a period of time. So, when I was changing the tranny fluid on it, had to take out a bunch of parts to get to the tranny filter, and, it turns out that one of the two hardlines on the oil cooler (which was otherwise hidden by battery and air intake apparatus) was very slowly leaking and just burning off low in the engine bay. Moral of the story: Get a pressure/smoke test done - some of the places it may leak will be impossible to discover otherwise.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have just been monitoring mine. I still get the smell several times per week, but I haven't had to add any more coolant. I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone else had success in a fix.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this leak concern. Thanks!

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was the water pump. Dealer replaced it when they did the drive shaft recall.

Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also experiencing a slow leak. 2.7 BL, Oct 2021 build w 12k miles. Less than a quart so far. At first I thought the system burped but I gave up on that theory after the last top off. Nothing obvious after following the lines.

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m having same issue just noticed it at 15k miles had to add 1/2 quart. I am smelling it to every so often. No leaks visible on ground. Changed oil and no notice of it in oil.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add me to the list. 2022 2.7, January 2022 build. The coolant reservoir was a little below min mark when I picked up my Bronco in March of '22, so I topped it off to the max line. I'm now at 17,000 miles and noticed some residue on the passenger side of my bash plate while doing an oil change last Saturday. There was so much dust/dirt buildup that I couldn't get a color or smell, but I noticed the coolant reservoir was back at the min mark. I poked around and checked the hoses looking for a leak, but I couldn't find anything. I have never seen any drips on the ground, so it's a slow leak, at best.

I still have to get the windshield recall done as well as a host of other SSMs and issues fixed (as soon as I can find an actual competent service department around me) - guess I'll add this to the list and have them see what they can find.

Take the Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this leak concern. Thanks!
I’m having my looked at for this same issue, used about 8 ounces in 4600 miles, slight smell of coolant at start up and contaminates in the coolant reservoir. Taking it to granger this week! 2023 2.7 March build

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very faint coolant smell, passenger side wheel well. No visible leaks. Will have it looked at , during next service. Hopefully, something simple.

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add me to the list. 2022 2.7, January 2022 build. The coolant reservoir was a little below min mark when I picked up my Bronco in March of '22, so I topped it off to the max line. I'm now at 17,000 miles and noticed some residue on the passenger side of my bash plate while doing an oil change last Saturday. There was so much dust/dirt buildup that I couldn't get a color or smell, but I noticed the coolant reservoir was back at the min mark. I poked around and checked the hoses looking for a leak, but I couldn't find anything. I have never seen any drips on the ground, so it's a slow leak, at best.

I still have to get the windshield recall done as well as a host of other SSMs and issues fixed (as soon as I can find an actual competent service department around me) - guess I'll add this to the list and have them see what they can find.
Just to update my issue - After topping it off in January for a second time, my coolant levels haven't dropped again and I'm not seeing any more fluids on my skid plate. I'm guessing that the cooling system had air in it and it had to "burp" a few times to get it all out. The buildup on my skid plate must have been from dripping some washer fluid or something I splashed up from the road.

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just woke up to this
Ford Bronco Slow Coolant Leak IMG_1784

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer is now telling me that it has "passed the pressure test" so it isn't leaking. I feel like I'm being gaslit - I saw coolant on the ground and the level is below the minimum in the expansion tank. Clearly I'm losing fluid - but they are telling me it's fine.

miliox0

Base
First Name
Emilio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1998 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was driving back from California to Arizona yesterday and when I got home I felt a coolant smelt. I checked everything and no sign of a leak. I am keeping an eye on the coolant level to see if is evaporating. Mine is a ‘21 2.3L engine with 25k miles on it. The Bronco did not lose power at the freeway or anything bad.

I checked the oil and looks good, no signs of water.

miliox0

Base
First Name
Emilio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1998 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was driving back from California to Arizona yesterday and when I got home I felt a coolant smelt. I checked everything and no sign of a leak. I am keeping an eye on the coolant level to see if is evaporating. Mine is a ‘21 2.3L engine with 25k miles on it. The Bronco did not lose power at the freeway or anything bad.

I checked the oil and looks good, no signs of water.
After two days the coolant has the same level. Anyway, the Bronco is heading to the Ford dealer in Tucson for an oil leak at the timing chain cover and coolant leak inspection.
Sponsored