Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey - I have a BB, 2.3L with Manual Transmission - which means the standard package. Great truck - and I miss the Intelligent Access function: touching the driver-side door handle and the door unlocks. This function isn’t included in the standard package.

So I was wondering: could I replace the door handle with a handle that contains the appropriate sensors? The door handle I want (I think) is part number M2DZ7822405CA - see https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Fo...-Handle--outside/103420686/M2DZ7822405CA.html Or are there other parts involved?

If this can be done would a Ford dealership be willing to do the work? Appreciate any advice.
Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You ever find an answer to this? Would love to do the same if possible

OP
OP

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You ever find an answer to this? Would love to do the same if possible
No answers so far. I did check out the F-150 forums, somebody tried it there. Evidently the wiring is built into the side doors but not the tailgate - which is fine because all I care about is the driver's door. The person also found that Intelligent Access has to be enabled in Forscan - and no one knows the setting.

We need more data that likely would come from a Ford technician. Until then I don't see a path forward. The Ford techs at my local dealership won't touch this as it's non standard.

Ya know, I love driving my manual transmission Bronco, every time I'm behind the wheel I'm juiced. The m/t only comes with the Standard package so that's the compromise I made: none of the advanced features like blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, intelligent access, to name a few. And it was worth it, the Bronco really drives well and I'm having fun rowing my own gears again. Though I do miss the Intelligent Access function.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No answers so far. I did check out the F-150 forums, somebody tried it there. Evidently the wiring is built into the side doors but not the tailgate - which is fine because all I care about is the driver's door. The person also found that Intelligent Access has to be enabled in Forscan - and no one knows the setting.

We need more data that likely would come from a Ford technician. Until then I don't see a path forward. The Ford techs at my local dealership won't touch this as it's non standard.

Ya know, I love driving my manual transmission Bronco, every time I'm behind the wheel I'm juiced. The m/t only comes with the Standard package so that's the compromise I made: none of the advanced features like blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, intelligent access, to name a few. And it was worth it, the Bronco really drives well and I'm having fun rowing my own gears again. Though I do miss the Intelligent Access function.
Ah that's a shame, but makes sense. The fact that the wiring is in the doors is hopeful, I'm sure somebody will eventually figure out the forscan.

I had a 7mt on order, but just changed it to the 2.7. I'm going to miss having a stick, but coming from a sports car I just think I'd miss the power.

OP
OP

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah that's a shame, but makes sense. The fact that the wiring is in the doors is hopeful, I'm sure somebody will eventually figure out the forscan.

I had a 7mt on order, but just changed it to the 2.7. I'm going to miss having a stick, but coming from a sports car I just think I'd miss the power.
True, it doesn't have a sports-car snappiness. For a two-door, the 2.3L m/t (imo) has lots of pickup - easy to downshift and accelerate to pass somebody.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True, it doesn't have a sports-car snappiness. For a two-door, the 2.3L m/t (imo) has lots of pickup - easy to downshift and accelerate to pass somebody.
The Bronco isn't that fast from 0-10 MPH, but it has decent pickup-I had someone try to pass me on the right in a Volvo S60 or 80 this morning on the right and I was able to keep them boxed in on their side without being in sport mode...sport mode gives you a bit more responsiveness.
Sponsored