First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been searching through the forum, but can't find this question/answer: How fast can you drive with the 4-door soft top flipped back while leaving the rear and back side soft windows in place? I've tried it in the neighborhood, but it seems pretty turbulent with the top flipped back and the other soft windows in place. I don't want to get out to highway speeds (70mph) and blow out the rear or side windows. What are some tips for driving with just the top flipped back, not fully lowered?
Sponsored

clyde6g

Big Bend
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Valiant
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been searching through the forum, but can't find this question/answer: How fast can you drive with the 4-door soft top flipped back while leaving the rear and back side soft windows in place? I've tried it in the neighborhood, but it seems pretty turbulent with the top flipped back and the other soft windows in place. I don't want to get out to highway speeds (70mph) and blow out the rear or side windows. What are some tips for driving with just the top flipped back, not fully lowered?
Had mined flipped back (#1 position) going down I-75 with no issues at 78 mph.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3 soft top positions (half fold, full fold, and removed) I use 1 as often as possible, quick and easy, no problems on highway.

If you plan to off-road at position 1, ensure to strap down the top with provided Velcro in the little bronco tool kit that came with your car to prevent additional strain on the unlatched top components

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Freeway speeds are totally fine.

It helps if you have a bimini top like a Gearshade or J-Top. Cuts down on the turbulence a little, and also keeps the folded-back top out of rear-seat passengers’ faces… 😉
Sponsored