Not open for further replies.

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've seen some speculate that Ford may begin installing drunk sensors in 2024 models ?

Anyone know if the 2024 Broncos are getting the drunk sensor before it's required ?

My theory is it will take them 10 years to work the bugs out of the drunk sensor. So I'm not going to buy a new vehicle for 10 after they deploy. Trying to decide if I need to rush out to choose from the last of the 2023s, or whether I can wait for them to resume production, if they're going to delay deployment of the defective drunk sensors.

It's a question because Ford's CEO has incredibly bad judgment about how to invest the company's limited resources. He may be trying to rush defective drunk sensors into production, because he believes we want defective electronics.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And a "drunk sensor" is... ?

Like a breathalyzer? There's no way that's put into vehicles as OEM equipment, for the 0.0001% of the population who may need it.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will be a legal requirement soon, and it's already been enacted. There will be a series of regulatory evaluations before this legislated authority becomes a formal requirement.

The last article I saw says that Ford wants to get ahead of the curve and deploy the drunk sensor before it's required. Obviously Ford's CEO has incredibly bad judgment.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And a "drunk sensor" is... ?

Like a breathalyzer? There's no way that's put into vehicles as OEM equipment, for the 0.0001% of the population who may need it.
I think he is referring to the law that all new vehicles must have some sort of passive BAC sensor by 2026. This is likely to get delayed but is coming.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"He" is observing that Ford's CEO has incredibly bad judgment, so he's likely to follow through with his idiotic suggestion that Ford should deploy this before it's required.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They already exist so tech is not new. Some people have had them court ordered to be put in their vehicle instead of jail time. As a professional driver of 37+ years I can tell you drunk driving is a bigger problem than people realize. I've seen too much in my almost 4 million miles of trucking. I don't have a problem with it ,if only saves one life it's worth it. I don't respond to comments on my posts so the haters can have at it.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No hate in this thread - I'm just looking for information

It will be great to end drunk driving - but the defects in the drunk sensor mean that new cars are going to suck for the first 10 years of deploying this

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We already got that you want to make new cars suck for 10 years. But we need to know which 10 years those are going to be, so we can make our purchases before the 10-year window of defective vehicles.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think he is referring to the law that all new vehicles must have some sort of passive BAC sensor by 2026. This is likely to get delayed but is coming.
Interesting - I live in Canada and was not aware of this in the USA. I know these can be court-ordered installed, and fully appreciate that this is still an issue (sadly), but just wondering if this would be implemented when there’s other impairments or distracted driving taking place at (presumably) higher rates?

I’m still shocked dash cameras aren’t standard equipment in all newer vehicles.

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why are the seasons defective? I don't see any support for this in the thread. Just an assumption? Personal experience? I don't get it...

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They already exist so tech is not new. Some people have had them court ordered to be put in their vehicle instead of jail time. As a professional driver of 37+ years I can tell you drunk driving is a bigger problem than people realize. I've seen too much in my almost 4 million miles of trucking. I don't have a problem with it ,if only saves one life it's worth it. I don't respond to comments on my posts so the haters can have at it.
You nailed it! Drunk driving is a big problem, the even bigger problem is those that have not experienced it think it's not a problem. Those with the problem denie it. Friends do let let friends drive drunk. As you stated, this is proven technology, been around a long time, not sure why the OP thinks this is a ten year death sentence.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is no drunk sensor in the '24 BBs. Not that I've driven it drunk, nor intend to (paying that much for a 4x4 to make sure I get home when creeks flood the 2 lane FM ...Farm to Market road for non-Texans), but also not saying that I'd trust my dog breath not to set one off the next morning after a night of having a few beers talking to my Marines.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is no drunk sensor in the '24 BBs. Not that I've driven it drunk, nor intend to (paying that much for a 4x4 to make sure I get home when creeks flood the 2 lane FM ...Farm to Market road for non-Texans), but also not saying that I'd trust my dog breath not to set one off the next morning after a night of having a few beers talking to my Marines.
Maybe there is one, but it’s defective. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

OP
OP

Muffin Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love some of the replies in here. Like 2 said that drunk drivers think the drunk sensor is defective.

Or that we have to deploy the drunk sensor before we're allowed to say that it's defective. Actually, smart people don't have to learn everything the hard way.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.